All pink?!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had a new client this evening which went very well. Although just as i had finished her set of l&p she added my old tech used to do all pink as i like them painted!!!!

She was more than happy with the end result it just took an extra coat to hide the white!

However i have never done all pink before, please can anyone give me any advice on how to achieve these are they done just how you would dot he white? Hope this makes sense as im nearing the end of a very long day!!!

Thanks x

Hi Louise,

it sounds like your client ususally has natural and perhaps her old tech used to do all three zones using pink powder. You would apply just like you would if you were using white in zone 1, only use pink, or a natural coloured powder if you prefer, which gives a more natural look. Hth.

Michelle

Thanks Michelle,

so does that mean you would still apply the zone 1 as a smile line?

Yes hun, apply 3 zones as normal, using pink or natural in zone 1, 2 and 3. I always apply zone 1 as if i were applying a smile line, dont ask me why, i just do! I think the finished result looks better. However if your client is having her nails done, wants them natural and doesnt want polish, then i suggest you use a natural powder in zone 1. You can find the recipe/mix for a natural powder on this site if you type it into search at the top of your screen. Do you tip or sculpt louise?

I can tip & sculpt, but i prefer to sculpt. I have never been asked to do a full pink sculpt, so was a little thrown really. But as she told me after i had applied the l&p i though right i will research that for next time!

Oh well, you will know for next time hun! I also always sculpt, so if i was sculpting a natural, use natural powder in zone 1, create your smile line as normal, then apply pink in zones 2 and 3. If you are using tips however, you could use soft pink all over, in all three zones.

i have a client like this. what's the point in doing white if they don't like it? just do exactly as you normally would but use pink in zone 1. you don't have to do a smile line if you don't want to, but its still good to practice it. just put on a natural tip, blend and do the 3 zones in pink, and then polish. mine has bright red polish - candy apple - and it looks really nice on her.

Thanks Antonia, but do i need to tip can i not just sculpt the whole lot?

Yes you can sculpt the whole lot! Just remember to use a natural powder for zone 1. I mean if you really dont have ny natural, and your client is going to wear polish all the time, you could sculpt using pink in zone 1, however if your client decides to remove her polish and go au-naturel, then she is going to be restricted as you can see through the pink in zone 1. Its always handy to have a natural coloured powder, as you will be asked for it at some point.

pinkshell_nails said:
Yes you can sculpt the whole lot! Just remember to use a natural powder for zone 1. I mean if you really dont have ny natural, and your client is going to wear polish all the time, you could sculpt using pink in zone 1, however if your client decides to remove her polish and go au-naturel, then she is going to be restricted as you can see through the pink in zone 1. Its always handy to have a natural coloured powder, as you will be asked for it at some point.

yes, as pinky said, you can sculpt also. if your client is going to wear polish all the time (like mine, it doesn't chip on L&P) then use pink, natural or clear, whatever, it doesn't matter if she's got polish on. but if she wants to take it off sometime and have natural nail look then use natural or similar on the tip. if she does not wear the polish all the time, don't forget to put a clear base coat on to protect the L&P from staining (red is a real bummer for that)

Latest posts

Back