Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking - Does it work ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you read the book right, and understand what it is saying and where it is coming from then...
....YES YES YES it works!

It does not stop you having cravings or feeling a bit ****ty to begin with, but I Stopped smoking 1 year ago and now I NEVER want one - EVER.

I could say lots and lots about it, but the best advice I can give is read it. For the sake of about £9 - what have you got to lose?

Stopping (not "giving up") is nothing to do with willpower by the way, and keeping yourself addicted to nicotine by using patches wont help greatly either.

Again - I say too much - READ IT!!!:)

NO

six months and then had 15 cigs in between,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi,

I've been a smoker for 13 years now and I am thinking about quitting. It's costing me too much and my recently I've been getting really bad chest pains.

I've read a few threads on here about Geeks using the above book and giving it good reports.

Does it really work and would you recommend it ?

I've quite using patches before and quite for 2 years. I was really pleased with myself but then started a new job and bam, back to the old routine.

Your opinions would be appreciated. :hug:

Thanks

Marlise

Things like this book and patches work if you really want to stop....
xx

Allen Carr's book worked for both my hubby and myself nearly 3 years ago, sorry for anyone who has read this before but I had smoked for 27 years since I was 11 and was a very heavy "confirmed" smoker.

I could not understand how a book could make me stop (right up to the last chapter).

I had a hard time on holiday that year as I put on weight and all the skinny lovely looking girls all had a fag in their hand. I didn't give in thankfully and i am still a non smoker nearly 3 years on. Never say never and all that but I really don't think i will smoke again (I certainly hope I don't)

You have nothing to lose except the time it takes you to read the book.

The very best of luck whatever you decidexxxxxxxxx:hug:

Worked for me.....

You will find you read half the book super fast then when you realise that on the last chapter you smoke your LAST EVER cig you will read a line a day to put it off......

I guess everyones different but worked for me.

Good luck xx

You naughty naughty wittle girl.:)

lol disgusting isn't it!
That is when I started every day I had my first cig at 5 years of age.

Just thinking about that horrifies me!!!

I listened to someone from the alan carr foundation on KERRANG radio and found what he had to say has envigoured me and enabled me to persist in quiting.

good for you for deciding too give up smoking

i think it really depends on the individuals will power

It worked for me - 2 years now and I have no inclination to smoke. I also read his Control Alcohol one and I have also given up drink. It was SO easy.....just follow his simple rules.........(kind of passive, feels a bit like brainwashing)

I honestly credit Allen Carr to changing my life.....I have never been happier and have no desire to ever take up either habit again.

My hubby smokes 20 a day and drinks regularly and I have a very active social life...same as before - poker, pubs, discos, weddings and I enjoy each even a lot more now...best thing? I never get horrible smoke/drink smell in my hair now that pub's are no smoking and I'm not freezing somewhere with a bunch of addicts puffing on fag after fag..

It's a wonder Alan Carr can get a cig in his mouth with those teeth.

(I know I know)

p.s. I was going to say "get a fag in his mouth"- but i'm not sure that'd be true.

smoking...this is the thing all my friends nag me about, I am a non drinker and my fags are my pleasure all though I know they will probably kill me. I had a realy horrible experience when I went to a health farm where it was non smoking and I had to go outside the gate as whole place was non smoking even the garden. I started to behave very strange and got a bit angry and eratic, it actualy ruined my time there, when I went to the non smoking nurse she said it was with drawel symptoms becuse I am an addict :eek::eek:!!! OH no!!! I have a friend who was on 40 a day and she is a pentecostal christian and she prayed once to be healed and she had never touched fags since, im not joking I smoke right infront of her and her husband does too and she said its wierd her feelings for them is totaly indifferent she doesnt want them but doesnt mind the smell ether! Anyway back to the book, yes a girl i knew back along did it and she stopped but i dont know weather she started again. But it is so hard to quit, I think it depends on the induvidual and their will power/if they have addictive personalisty. I think you can do anything if you 100% want to do it but if there is that part of you that loves it still, its very very hard to stop GOOD LUCK to everyone trying to quit (I am going to try again soon, hopefuly get a plastic stick and some gum. one more thing dont chew the gum etc and smoke at same time, not good went realy dizzy and sick from this last time. Oh when will I stop...im rambeling now sorry) :hug:

Have read the books, tried the patches, spent hundreds on hypnosis.

Am smoking a fag as I type this.....

i smoked 15 - 20 a day for 7 years, gave up cold turkey for 4 years. satrted up for 18 months have given up again for about 4 months now.

Its hard, it takes willpower and the feeling of i would love a fag never leaves you.

Good luck to anyone trying, the withdrawals will get easier and in time you will forget about it.

You just have to fight your own conscience (sp?) Will power it is all of the way

I read that book and I don't think it did any harm but definately the biggest factor is willpower, another book that I found better though was "The voice of tobacco" can't remember who it's by but it really made sense at the time and it was an easy read and not too boring.

I like the advice of not telling anyone else cause it only adds to the pressure and everyone asks and then it make you think about it more when really you need stuff to take your mind off it. It helps to change your routine, for ages I had to stop doing stuff that I would associate with smoking like coffee and alcohol and start doing different things, I remember doing a lot of baking as a distraction. Another thing I did near the end of my smoking career was look at the cigarette and think what if this is the one that kills me? morbid I know but there's nothing like a bit of fear to motivate you!!

Even now I like the smell of it and I've had one when I was out on the beer (oops!) but it's a slippery slope and rather than think yeah I've quit I can relax, I still see myself as a smoker who is still choosing not to smoke 9 years later!!

Hope something in here helps oh and on the bright side, my skin got better, I could breath easier, taste better, my nail beds were pinker and my teeth whiter, bonus!!

Good luck hon

x x Becky

Latest posts

Back