Allergy to nail adhesive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaeLee

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Nails are not my profession but a friend of mine just got her certificate and has been a nail technician for a year. I ran into money troubles recently and stopped getting manicures. She suggested I get ImPRESS press on nails. Well I have small hands and nails and I told her most were too big and kept coming off. She bought me nail glue and said whenever one falls off just glue it back on. I am not a trained nail professional so I did not know anything about this, but did as she said and used the glue and nails for 6 months. I developed contact dermatitis on my eyelids and was diagnosed by my doctor and she said it is likely from the nail glue. Sure enough I have not worn the nails and the rash went away within days. Now I have money to get my nails done, but this mean I cannot get them done anymore? It sounds silly but I'm so sad over this! :( I wish I did research before I applied them and used that glue so many times. I did not know this could happen.

Try not to feel too downhearted. Allergies to methacrylate based products (substance used in nail glues, acrylic and gel nail products) are not uncommon. Your allergy to the nail glue is just as likely to have occurred had you been having your nails done professionally for the last few years.

Why not treat yourself to a luxury manicure and pedicure and focus on taking care of your natural nails.

Latest posts

Back