Am I doing something wrong??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi: my name is Babet

I've been doing Bio Sculpture for 2 years now.
Over the years I've been getting better with practice. My latest set of overlays turned out beautiful.:) Now the client had very thin nails to start off with but they appeared healthy. 2 days after I applied them she phones me to tell me that 3 nails have hairline cracks in the gel. I've never had this happen before. :?: Does anyone have any ideas on what went wrong?

Thanks; Babet:Love:

manicured Babet said:
Hi: my name is Babet

I've been doing Bio Sculpture for 2 years now.
Over the years I've been getting better with practice. My latest set of overlays turned out beautiful.:) Now the client had very thin nails to start off with but they appeared healthy. 2 days after I applied them she phones me to tell me that 3 nails have hairline cracks in the gel. I've never had this happen before. :?: Does anyone have any ideas on what went wrong?

Thanks; Babet:Love:

did you use s gel or clear as your finish layer then the bio top coat???? Try and remove the top coat to firstly see if this is where the problem is. So this was a natural nail overlay not tips....tell us the proceedure u did i will see if its the same as i do...if there nails are very very thin to begin with i say biosculpture really is like a THICK NAIL POLISH....it doesnt have the STRENGth of the FILE OFF gels or l+p.....maybe she needs a little 'extra something' some extra bulding layers with s gel or silk/fibre glass perhaps...where are the cracks?

amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First I do the prep, brush of the dust with a handled brush, wipe with the sanitizer. I don't like the base coat, so I do a thin coat of the clear royal gel. 2 coats of the white, then a good coat of the royal gel again. I wiped off the sticky with the sanitizer and made sure that there were no rough edges and buffed the surface, finished with the topcoat.

I didn't use tips, this was just an overlay on natural nails.
I hope that this is enough info? Hopefully you can help me.
Thanks a bunch.:o

manicured Babet said:
First I do the prep, brush of the dust with a handled brush, wipe with the sanitizer. I don't like the base coat, so I do a thin coat of the clear royal gel. 2 coats of the white, then a good coat of the royal gel again. I wiped off the sticky with the sanitizer and made sure that there were no rough edges and buffed the surface, finished with the topcoat.

I didn't use tips, this was just an overlay on natural nails.
I hope that this is enough info? Hopefully you can help me.
Thanks a bunch.:o

so you use the BIO cuticle remover and conditioner? base coat i think u mean executive base??? i have never used this, on my training i was told it made the product lift but then when i went to the trade show they said....'why dont u use this????' royal gel....is this just the clear gel? DO NOT BUFF the nails at all at the end...

i do....................

apply cuticle conditioner/remover
push back cuticles & file free edge
wash hands/remove cuticle remover
clear base coat or number 2 (pink) cure
white or blanc one or two coats
tidy up with my creative koala
finish with clear or s gel.....maybe even 2 coats of this or more on MRS HEAVY HANDED
top coat

NEVER EVER EVER EVER FILE AFTER YOUR FINISH COAT OF GEL BABES

AMB X

are you using bio top coat? i've had problems recently with the clear top coat in the squarish bottle-the pinky top coat is fine but the clear is rubbish-it flakes off-i'm going to complain about it. try and remove and you'll see if the gel is ok underneath.

I don't use the exec. base either. Royal gel is the same as clear gel.
The procedure of mine is the same although I only applied one coat of the clear gel at the end, then the top coat at the end.
Top coat is not Bio, it is from IBD Intense seal Never had any problems with it in the past though.

Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back