Annoyed over so called mobile hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not read this whole thread but just had to correct some misleading information. You no longer have 3 months to register, you must register as soon as you being actively promoting and advertising your business, so even before you take a penny x

This may have changed but it says on hmrc as soon as possible. There is alto of leway aslong as ypu do get round ti it at.some point within a reasonable time scale they wont fine you.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

This may have changed but it says on hmrc as soon as possible. There is alto of leway aslong as ypu do get round ti it at.some point within a reasonable time scale they wont fine you.

Ok but i think the best practice would be to register as soon as you go self employed i think it just makes good buisness sense :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yes its better to get everything done and ready to go. But if someone decides not to be organised and not register straight away. They are still within their right to be a mobile hairdresser. X and they are not a cowboy. X

Yes its better to get everything done and ready to go. But if someone decides not to be organised and not register straight away. They are still within their right to be a mobile hairdresser. X and they are not a cowboy. X

Yes i get your point but my post was about some one i know who does not intend to registester at any point or get insurance x

Lea, if you are that bothered just phone up HMRC and shop her anonymously, we can all feel aggrieved about various things in life that others 'get away with' and i've wasted a lot of my energy being bothered about injustices but all it will do is increase your stress levels and turn you into a bitter and twisted old lady like me!!:(

Lea, if you are that bothered just phone up HMRC and shop her anonymously, we can all feel aggrieved about various things in life that others 'get away with' and i've wasted a lot of my energy being bothered about injustices but all it will do is increase your stress levels and turn you into a bitter and twisted old lady like me!!:(

Unfortunately nowadays gets you no where!!

I concentrate on myself, and my business! What others choose to do is upto them....it will come back and bite you in the ass if you try and do good nowadays!

Your hardly bitter and twisted chick x

I've just been on a HMRC course and you must register straight away, regardless of whether or not you are disorganised, or you will be penalised.
With regards to the original post, I think you should just ignore it, concentrate on yourself and know that there will always be competition, whether they are unqualified or highly skilled, insured or not, legal or not. As long as you know that you are doing things properly then that's the best that you can do. I wasted a lot of time and energy being worried about a girl near me who had no qualifications or insurance and undercutting me but guess what, 1year later and she's disappeared off the radar and my wee business is thriving :) x

I've just been on a HMRC course and you must register straight away, regardless of whether or not you are disorganised, or you will be penalised.
With regards to the original post, I think you should just ignore it, concentrate on yourself and know that there will always be competition, whether they are unqualified or highly skilled, insured or not, legal or not. As long as you know that you are doing things properly then that's the best that you can do. I wasted a lot of time and energy being worried about a girl near me who had no qualifications or insurance and undercutting me but guess what, 1year later and she's disappeared off the radar and my wee business is thriving :) x

if they choose to risk being fined thats up to them, at some point they will be caught out. I didnt register for 7 months on my accountants advice in case it didnt work out. Then we backtracked to the date i started trading when i did redister i didnt get a fine. And im.not a cowboy.

I am not that bothered i just saw it annoyed me i ranted and its over and done with, i dont get that stressed to be fair i just like a rant every now and again and im sure everybody else does the same lol

Unfortunately nowadays gets you no where!!

I concentrate on myself, and my business! What others choose to do is upto them....it will come back and bite you in the ass if you try and do good nowadays!

Your hardly bitter and twisted chick x

Exactly waste of time and money lol and its not worth the agro as long as i stick to my morals etc thats all that matters some time it frustrates you but you have a rant then ur fine lol
And no i no im not bitter and twisted quite the opisit haha x

if they choose to risk being fined thats up to them, at some point they will be caught out. I didnt register for 7 months on my accountants advice in case it didnt work out. Then we backtracked to the date i started trading when i did redister i didnt get a fine. And im.not a cowboy.

I think at the end of the day in good practice you would register from day one no one has said you are a cowboy

It's a tricky one because everyone's got to start somewhere and it's not like there are lots of jobs about.

But on the other hand I do agree that it's best to start off working for someone else in order that you can learn new things and make a smooth transition from college to industry.

I think that as long as she's insured and doing things properly and officially then good luck to her but good luck to yourself in finding employment because for me, I know that it the route that I prefer.

It's a tricky one because everyone's got to start somewhere and it's not like there are lots of jobs about.

But on the other hand I do agree that it's best to start off working for someone else in order that you can learn new things and make a smooth transition from college to industry.

I think that as long as she's insured and doing things properly and officially then good luck to her but good luck to yourself in finding employment because for me, I know that it the route that I prefer.

Oh yes dont get me wrong if i cant find employment i would have to go self employed but i would do it correctly but in the mean time whilst studying i am getting salon experiance on a work placement x

I think at the end of the day in good practice you would register from day one no one has said you are a cowboy

my accountant says otherwise, and i have run a good business for 3 years, so i know what good pracice is.

my accountant says otherwise, and i have run a good business for 3 years, so i know what good pracice is.

Im not saying you dont every one has there own opinion :)

with all due respect - enough already!

with all due respect - enough already!

I agree i think thread has gone of topic! How do you close it x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back