Any anxiety sufferers on here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, I was on citalopram last year for about 6 months and I took myself off it as I felt I was better, but decided to go back on them to enable me to live my life, I'd rather take them each day and be able to do all the things I used to do without the worry of one coming on and ruining my day xx

I'm the same as you Pika. I am on 20mg and have been on it for 18 months. Came off them briefly as I was feeling so much better, but came back on as was having anxiety attacks again...

Yep it is indeed, frustrating when you know something isn't right and not being taken seriously!
Babychops, have you tried reiki? Xx

No what's that? X

It's really difficult to explain hun, google it and there will be loads of info about it. I had a session and I think that was the start of me getting back to normal :) I have pm'ed you, not sure if you have it? Xx

if you feel meds have helped, maybe stay on them - even when you're feeling better ...
this feeling better could be due to the meds. xxx

I'm the same as you Pika. I am on 20mg and have been on it for 18 months. Came off them briefly as I was feeling so much better, but came back on as was having anxiety attacks again...

Anxiety attacks are part of the withdrawal symptoms from my experience. I just took myself completely off of them one day because mentally I knew I was out of the situation making me really ill for good.

The come down is awful and lasts a few weeks whilst the chemicals in your body level out, but I was fine after :) do what feels best for you but don't let the fear of anxiety get you down x

I've been in citalopram 20mg for about 2 years and see no sign if coming off them. I hate taking tablets and often they make me feel tired and a bit unmotivated which is a downside however that is much better than freeking out, smashing plates and yelling at my loved ones. I do it mostly for them and I'm a better person , the person id rather be. I reduced my previous tablets too quickly and freeked out badly one day, i was suicidle. so take your time reducing!!!!Hopefully one day I can reduce slowly and come off them, no rush, ill wait till little one is about 20 lol!

Anyone have any motos you live by?

Mine is: walk away and just breath.....

Hi all, it's good to be able to talk with people who understand what you are going through.

I suffer from anxiety & panic attacks everytime I go to work.

I was prescribed antideppresents & betablockers for a long time. I even had cognitive therapy, which has helped me to put into place stratagies to help me overcome them.

Still get them, but not so bad. I'm also not on the medication anymore.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. :) xx

P.s sorry if my spelling is wrong, doing this on my phone. Xx

Sent from my XT320 using SalonGeek

I'm struggling to get my dr to listen to me...I've only had a couple of full blown "hospital dash cause I don't know what was happening" episodes, both nearly 2 years ago. I had had years of mental abuse from a neighbour, a death, moved country changed job etc but these episodes were more like a come down from all that? Does that make sense?

Anyway I was put on anti depressants and given Valium to take "as needed" I tried not to take them but somehow knowing that wee pill was in my bag helped. When I had to change dr I went through all this and was taken off everything.

I now almost every day have times where I can't breathe, or I feel I'm not breathing deeply enough, then I start to focus on the breathing more which makes it worse. I try to ignore it or go stand outside or walk the dog etc but its scary. Every time I mention it to the dr I'm given steroid sprays or asthma tests, all come back clear but now its "it's in your head"....

I go to bed most nights hoping to fall asleep before I start thinking about my breathing....I don't feel depressed or anxious so would rather not start on anti depressants, I've no real worries right now other than feeling disgusted at my weight, but this is a horrible thing and I really want some help...I leave the drs thinking I'm going nuts and palmed off with "try losing weight" I recently had to fill in a questionnaire and as I read it back I thought you are screaming anxiety here and he won't listen!

anxiety and depression is horrible and very few people understand what it can do to you, but it's an illness and it should be treated like one.

i have been on Venlafaxine for 4 years, tried to come of it last summer with Dr's help but had to reup the dose it was horrendous.

I have concluded i must still need it and if i have to take it forever so be it if it's helping.

Never be afraid to seek the help you need and deserve. x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

I'm struggling to get my dr to listen to me...
When I had to change dr I went through all this and was taken off everything.

its scary. Every time I mention it to the dr I'm given steroid sprays or asthma tests, all come back clear but now its "it's in your head"....

I really want some help...I leave the drs thinking I'm going nuts and palmed off with "try losing weight" I recently had to fill in a questionnaire and as I read it back I thought you are screaming anxiety here and he won't listen!

You poor love.

It's plain to see that your GP is not listening to you, and is failing you. Sack him/her. You deserve better. Please take the brave step to finding the route to a better practitioner who will help you. Get well soon. xx

I'm struggling to get my dr to listen to me...I've only had a couple of full blown "hospital dash cause I don't know what was happening" episodes, both nearly 2 years ago. I had had years of mental abuse from a neighbour, a death, moved country changed job etc but these episodes were more like a come down from all that? Does that make sense?

Anyway I was put on anti depressants and given Valium to take "as needed" I tried not to take them but somehow knowing that wee pill was in my bag helped. When I had to change dr I went through all this and was taken off everything.

I now almost every day have times where I can't breathe, or I feel I'm not breathing deeply enough, then I start to focus on the breathing more which makes it worse. I try to ignore it or go stand outside or walk the dog etc but its scary. Every time I mention it to the dr I'm given steroid sprays or asthma tests, all come back clear but now its "it's in your head"....

I go to bed most nights hoping to fall asleep before I start thinking about my breathing....I don't feel depressed or anxious so would rather not start on anti depressants, I've no real worries right now other than feeling disgusted at my weight, but this is a horrible thing and I really want some help...I leave the drs thinking I'm going nuts and palmed off with "try losing weight" I recently had to fill in a questionnaire and as I read it back I thought you are screaming anxiety here and he won't listen!

I went to see a different doctor. I never see my own doctor I go to another one that listens to me x

defiantly find a new GP, there are some good ones out there who will help you, and don't be afraid to go on antidepressents if the GP thinks it will help, if he thought you had asthma and prescribed you with an inhaler you take it to make you better, it's no different if he prescribes antidepressents if they make you better.

x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Also, I was on citalopram last year for about 6 months and I took myself off it as I felt I was better, but decided to go back on them to enable me to live my life, I'd rather take them each day and be able to do all the things I used to do without the worry of one coming on and ruining my day xx

I too am on Citalopram and have been for many years on and off, my view on it is that nobody begrudges a diabetic their insulin so why begrudge a depressive or anxiety sufferer their medication.

It's the only thing that helps me so I keep on taking it but perhaps fellow takers can give me their insight in this :- when you start or stop taking it do you find that you feel differently about people you previously liked/tolerated/disliked etc? I was on mine for the whole of my last relationship but when I came off them I found I actually hugely disliked my husband and promptly left him lol!

Some GPs just don't seem to listen, go to see a different one and maybe bring a close friend or family member who can push how bad it's making you feel if need be?

When I went to an appointment because I was having panic attacks about my job I got my mum to go with me. I'd always got upset talking about work and my GP is awful and had tried to fob me off in the past so my mum being there really helped. She made the doc listen and told them how much it was affecting my life.

Honestly, if you can't get through to them someone else being there will :) good luck, I hope they do something to help soon! X

I've always had phases of depression since I was a teenager, years of AD's but I seem to have dealt with that, however I've now got quite bad anxiety when with clients.

I think its something to do with being worried they won't like their nails etc as I'm fine with PEP and over all manicures/pedicures etc but the minute I have to start painting their nails I shake terribly to the point that the client notices it.

I've tried everything to help with it, Rescue Remedy, sweet drinks, eating etc but my GP has put me on Propranolol and its REALLY helped...I don't get any of these symptoms anymore...I'm so glad as I was close to giving up.

I've always had phases of depression since I was a teenager, years of AD's but I seem to have dealt with that, however I've now got quite bad anxiety when with clients.

I think its something to do with being worried they won't like their nails etc as I'm fine with PEP and over all manicures/pedicures etc but the minute I have to start painting their nails I shake terribly to the point that the client notices it.

I've tried everything to help with it, Rescue Remedy, sweet drinks, eating etc but my GP has put me on Propranolol and its REALLY helped...I don't get any of these symptoms anymore...I'm so glad as I was close to giving up.

I get this too, the anxiety with clients. I have this feeling that whenever I do a treatment it's never good enough and my clients must think I'm crap and its only a matter of time before they stop booking in (which four years later still hasn't happened), but I just can't shake off the feeling. It is starting to annoy me actually...:(

Also, just out of curiosity...Does anyone else feel that they have "inherited" anxiety from a parent? Because my mum is exactly the same as me, can't sleep at night for worrying etc... And I ofer wonder if my mum never showed signs of worrying/anxiety then would I still feel like this?

It's so easy to tell someone not to worry, but trying not to worry is literally the hardest thing x

I get this too, the anxiety with clients. I have this feeling that whenever I do a treatment it's never good enough and my clients must think I'm crap and its only a matter of time before they stop booking in (which four years later still hasn't happened), but I just can't shake off the feeling. It is starting to annoy me actually...:(

Also, just out of curiosity...Does anyone else feel that they have "inherited" anxiety from a parent? Because my mum is exactly the same as me, can't sleep at night for worrying etc... And I ofer wonder if my mum never showed signs of worrying/anxiety then would I still feel like this?

It's so easy to tell someone not to worry, but trying not to worry is literally the hardest thing x

I definitely believe in inherited anxiety, my Dad has had it all his life and I'm exactly the same now. He tries so hard to cover it up but I just think as kids we pick things up anyway. I'm having a really hard time at the moment because I constantly worry about what my clients are thinking. I just did a set of Brisa Lite sculpting gel on a client and they turned out lovely she really likes them, but whenever I do extensions I absolutely stress myself about how long they are taking. It took me an hour and half and then another half an hour for art because she had some studs applied and some black tips. And since I've been home all I can think about over and over is "are the studs going to fall off to soon?!" or worry about the extensions lasting! I'm driving myself insane! I wish I could just do a client and then forget about it but I never can lol!

I definitely believe in inherited anxiety, my Dad has had it all his life and I'm exactly the same now. He tries so hard to cover it up but I just think as kids we pick things up anyway. I'm having a really hard time at the moment because I constantly worry about what my clients are thinking. I just did a set of Brisa Lite sculpting gel on a client and they turned out lovely she really likes them, but whenever I do extensions I absolutely stress myself about how long they are taking. It took me an hour and half and then another half an hour for art because she had some studs applied and some black tips. And since I've been home all I can think about over and over is "are the studs going to fall off to soon?!" or worry about the extensions lasting! I'm driving myself insane! I wish I could just do a client and then forget about it but I never can lol!

I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes I have thought about asking clients to fill out feedback forms to make me feel more confident, but then my anxiety got in the way and I panicked that they would all write how crap I am!

I have seen a counsellor and she told me to consciously stop the worrying thought process when I start to panic, tell myself "no! Stop worrying", but it doesn't work. I think it's a self esteem issue. There must be ways to build confidence but I'm not really sure what they are!

Latest posts

Back