Any ideas what this is? Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieR

Reaction score
Hi all, I did a Shellac removal today on one of my lovely clients and just one of her nails was like this [emoji17]
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1505987369.192072.jpg

I'm not sure what it is. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Is it ok to Shellac over? There is quite a large ridge where the white patch is.

Thanks for your help. xxx

I can't see properly as I'm from my phone but it looks as though it had got hurt by an efile on your previous appointment. If you don't use an efile, it could be she caught it somewhere or hit it. Was it lifted?
Sorry I can't be of more help, I really can't see it clearly

Picture isn't of the best quality - out of focus.
Looks like some kind of trauma. She may have hit or squeezed it somehow - judging from the growth it could have happened 4-6 weeks ago.
Seems current nail plate is growing out as new one is formed. Yet only doctor can tell for sure.
If it is trauma - it will most likely grow out over time.
Service on such nail should be avoided. Yet if it is just physical trauma, to achieve somewhat similar look you can apply Shellac up until where the ridge starts, but do not cover it up or apply product in cuticle area where new plate is forming - that could cause allergy.
Keep the nail as short as possible, wear gloves while doing dishes, cleaning house etc.
If there are any symptoms of inflammation - pain, redness, swelling, increased body temperature - immediately go to doctor!

Yes, sorry for the blurry photo.

Thanks all for your advise, I don't use an efile and did advise her it look like she has banged it somehow (she doesn't remember doing anything) and to maybe see a doctor.

I will def pass this on to her.

Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back