any ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer

Reaction score
Hi,

if yo've read yesterday's post, you will have noticed that I am in quite a difficult position. I spoke to my partner and he has said he will support me in whatever decision I make. I've decided to make things work at the salon. Now, I just need ideas on how to get the clients. I am located in a room above a popular hair salon, which is located in the town centre, just minutes away from the shopping centre and the high street.

As I previously mentioned, I have offered discounts, handed out business cards, leaflet drops, newspaper ads, posters in schools and colleges, raffle donation for charity, etc. I have run out of ideas on how to attract clients. Can anyone please offer me some ideas? I know word of mouth is best but you need clients for that and I have none. Most of the people I know work in a nursery and are not allowed to wear extensions. I am having an A-board sign made for in front of the salon, but need more suggestions. Anything will be useful. Thank you.

Hi There,

Offer them something FREE that always works BUT it doesn't have to be free!

Say for example you charge £25.00 for a full set and your going to give clients a nail file @ £1.00 and some cuticle Oil @ £3.00 and urmmmmmm........................
a bottle of clear varnish @ £1.00.

Then you charge £30.00 for a full set and you have made your money back the clients think they have had something free but they haven't and they go home with a kick ass set of nails tell all their family and friends and shortly after you having to beat clients off with a stick.

OR...............you could advertise that you are offering a 20% discount to your first say 25 clients first come first serve. Your usual charge for a full set is £25.00 you advertise that it is £30.00 then you are actully still making your £25.00.

HTH

i have done some offers sying they get free solar oil &nail art with full sets , and i had two ring up last night , any money is better than none ,even if it costs me a bit more :green:

Hi, what about doing a few select people's nails for free (or at a greatly reduced price) on the condition that they give your business cards to anyone that comments on their nails. Make sure you use people who will definately meet lots of new prospective clients, such as a friend who does Ann Summers parties or someone like that.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Do they stylists downstairs talk to their clients about the services you offer? You have a captive audience there just waiting to be tapped.

Do the stylists wear your nails? I have found that the more stylists in the salon wear my nails, the more hair clients talk about them with the stylists and the more new clients I acquire!

Have a chat with the girls downstairs and see what you can come up with.

I have an A board and have tried different messages in them. The thing I have learnt is peeps don't stop and read them, they just glance at it. So keep the wording really simple. At the moment ours is lime green with "nails & beauty here"!! I also have a banner in the window which advertises the permanent makeup at the mo, and we have so many calls because of, not many bookings though cos when they hear the price of £225 - £350 they nearly die of shock. But people do see it and so bit by bit they get to know we're here.

Yell.com is a good one. You can either get a free one liner, or for about £140 pa you can do half a dozen lines of advertising.

Give out leaflets for people to put on their works noticeboard. I have just done some lovely ones on glossy paper offering 20% off their first visit. Walk along your high street and give them to all your shops, that's what I am doing in the new year.

Latest posts

Back