Anybody that doesn't like Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmJ

Reaction score
I really would have liked to switch from OPI to Vinylux so I bought a few to try!

I found that it chipped off on everyone's hands within 2-3 days and feet within a week, then I found it almost impossible to remove! Didn't have any clients that loved it and I don't think I loved it either :(

Has anybody else felt like this? Or maybe some tips and tricks to help me!

I was using scrub fresh, shake the colour and apply 2 thin coats capping the edge, then a thin coat of weekly top coat (no shaking). And removing with nourishing remover on a cotton pad after different intervals, 1 week, 3 weeks & 5 weeks. (5 weeks was almost impossible to come off, but I even struggled after 1 week!)

Xxx

It's true it can be difficult to remove if it's been on for longer but acetone usually does the trick!

As for chipping - not had a problem and especially not on toes! Maybe your application is too thin? I find it needs to be a bit thicker than Shellac - think normal polish. I also make sure the top coat is 'normal' thickness - not too thin. In fact, on my own hands I've been known to keep on adding colour layers and topcoat every few days if it starts wearing at the free edge & I've still removed it ok.

xx

Never had any problems with chipping, as said above maybe use thicker coats, float the colour and try not to drag.

It can be a pain to remove but for me that's only a tiny downside compared to all the plus points about it.

I've remove after 5 weeks before and it took forever it was very annoying ended up soaking like I would with shellac but the product in my opinion is far too good to let that make me stop using it. I just advise that it is a weekly polish and the longer it is on the harder it is to remove so best not to have it on longer than two weeks and if the client wants it on for that long then they might as well have shellac.

I really would have liked to switch from OPI to Vinylux so I bought a few to try!

I found that it chipped off on everyone's hands within 2-3 days and feet within a week, then I found it almost impossible to remove! Didn't have any clients that loved it and I don't think I loved it either :(

Has anybody else felt like this? Or maybe some tips and tricks to help me!

I was using scrub fresh, shake the colour and apply 2 thin coats capping the edge, then a thin coat of weekly top coat (no shaking). And removing with nourishing remover on a cotton pad after different intervals, 1 week, 3 weeks & 5 weeks. (5 weeks was almost impossible to come off, but I even struggled after 1 week!)

Xxx

Are you not supposed to shake the top coat???!!!!! X

Removal stresses me out when people come back 4/5 weeks after their pedis! Acetone even takes a while..

I know the feeling, returning pedi clients it just will not shift, even with acetone.

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find the big toe nail can be harder to remove after more than 5 weeks so I wrap the big toes, remove vinylux from other toenails and then it comes straight of the wrapped big toenails.

I thought that you were meant to put lots if topcoat on thats what i do it lasts on my little sisters nails whos 15 for over a week! X

I have recently switched from Vinylux to cuccio.

I loved Vinylux for the color range and fast drying time. However, it didn't always last well on clients with less than perfect nails, and those that it did last the week or more on, removal was a nightmare!

Cuccio lasts just as well, is much more forgiving on less than perfect natural nails, dries fast (not quite as fast as Vinylux though) and removal is a piece of cake. I had a very bright pink on my toes for 4 weeks, and it literally just wipes straight off with my nourishing remover!

I love CND, but had to admit they weren't the brand for me or my clients.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you not supposed to shake the top coat???!!!!! X

No it causes bubbles. It doesnt need shaking x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Has anyone heard anything about China Glaze's new product (not sure on the name) that's supposed to be similar to vinylux? I don't think it's even out yet in the US but I heard it was at a beauty show somewhere...

I only bought one bottle of vinylux and the top coat, I don't think the product was for me. It could just be that I wasn't applying it properly but I gave up with it (I was having a bad day) and never picked up the bottle again!xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405458686.677939.jpg

Chickettes is a live saver sometimes!

No it causes bubbles. It doesnt need shaking x

I had no idea it didn't need shaking does it affect the wear if you shake it? X

Glad I'm not the only one who has trouble with removal. It also stained a couple of clients nails where they have ridges 😒 wasn't a happy bunny!!

I'm going to stick to my OPI, good old fashioned base coat, never had a problem with drying time or removal 😉

Is everyone using solar oil or recommending their clients to use it?
I don't have an issue with staining or removal , if they are using the solar oil.

I hated vinylux :Scared:, I wanted to love it and I tried but my regular zoya and opi clients thought it was awful. It chipped really quickly, it was hard to remove, it stained the nails and it looked like cheap nail polish. The finish was not like a salon painted job if that makes sense.

Sold it all and back to zoya and opi:Love:

I love Vinylux, so do my clients. Most have said it is the best nail polish they have ever used and I've certainly not had problems with chipping?!!

I find it so streaky, I think I'm going to start looking for a different brand x

Sent from my SM-C115 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love love love Vinylux! It's not expensive, dries amazingly fast, all the colours you could ever need and once you get the knack for applying it goes on beautifully!

I have Vinylux and I love the fact that it dries in 8 minutes but that's it really. Struggle with the choice of colours, some of them look better in the bottle than applied and some of them I advise against.
It can stain the nails on removal, and I don't think it's ideal for nails that have ridges.
If you are struggling with removal, I can recommend using the plastic backed pads (Grahams I think?) because they have the right texture to them to grab the polish better. Never have a problem with them and usually give my clients a couple of pads if I know that they are removing them themselves.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back