anyone designed there own website ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
hi there i designed my own website couple of years back
using freewebs.com i then bought the domain name haylznailz.co.uk

and linked it to the freewebs site so that when people typed the link they didnt have to type free webs as i thought it sounded a bit cheap an tacky
much better for them to type in www.haylznailz.co.uk

however after closing the salon early this year i know longer have my website
and want to look at designing another one
i want to do it myself because then if there has to be any changes i.e pic's etc i can get at it myself

i have deisgned one briefly on microsoft publisher but onceyou have done all the pages etc then how does it go live if you know what i mean on the big world wide web , who hosts it ?

sorry to sound stupid but i can do the easy part then im stuck ?

i dont want to use freewebs again if i can help it
thought it looked bit more professional the other way

any ideas ?

You don't sound stupid at all. I have the freewebs site too cos I dont know how to do my own hee hee.
One day I might go for it.
There are plenty of sites that sell web hosting and you can use them and still build your own with the easy build they have included if you want to use it.
Sorry im not much help.
Sherry

if you tpe domain hosting/registration you will find thousands 9f companys on the web willing to host the site for a fee per year. then just create your website- i used microsoft front pge and then in the file menu there should be a button saying- publish web or something similar then you just type in the name of your website that you have registered with the hosting comapny and then hopefully it should launch onto the big wde web
I think thats it really- thats how i did mine- but i purchased a name from them 2- but i dont think it matters so long as your web address www.haleyznails etc is registered to you still
hope that helped

Hi there;
I have also designed my own website. I also used Microsoft Front page; for exactly the same reason you stated; I wanted to be hands on.
To host my website I use Blueyonder, this is my internet service provider, with my monthly package I get free webspace. Have you looked into this?
Once you have found some free webspace (pleanty out there for you to choose from!) you will need to set up frontpage so that it'll upload it to the right place.
To do this you will need to click on file, then on "publish web", this will give you the option of where it uploads it to, you might need the free web address and password.
I then (like you) bought a domain name. One thing I would recommend is do not use masked forwarding, sounds confusing but its quite simple.
what masked forwarding does is hide the web address of your free website, sounds good but it isn't very search engine friendly.
Need any other help just let me know.
Hope this has helped you tho

Latest posts

Back