Anyone on here have a 'High Definition' concession in their salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED STAR

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Wondering if any of you have 'branded' yourselves by having the High definition concession as part of your salon...and if it had worked for you!

I trained in HD quite a few years ago. We were a busy salon back then and we still are. We offer the full hd brow package. However, I'm massively falling out of love with the brand. (Maybe love isn't the right word lol)
Constant stock issues, regular calls/emails to suggest training and a shift away from 'normal' patch testing to testing before EVERY treatment means hd are a pain.

Would you have somebody in to do the treatments? Are you talking make up or brows? I think it really helps if hd are done by a qualified beauty therapist as they can juggle products/treatments. If they are only trained by hd, I'm fairly sure there is a proviso that they can ONLY do hd. Not so good if they're constantly out of stock of tints etc x

I trained in HD quite a few years ago. We were a busy salon back then and we still are. We offer the full hd brow package. However, I'm massively falling out of love with the brand. (Maybe love isn't the right word lol)
Constant stock issues, regular calls/emails to suggest training and a shift away from 'normal' patch testing to testing before EVERY treatment means hd are a pain.

Would you have somebody in to do the treatments? Are you talking make up or brows? I think it really helps if hd are done by a qualified beauty therapist as they can juggle products/treatments. If they are only trained by hd, I'm fairly sure there is a proviso that they can ONLY do hd. Not so good if they're constantly out of stock of tints etc x

Thanks for your reply....:)
Just exploring different options at the moment....
I'm HOPEFULLY relocating.....and where I'm going is already quite full with others offering the same thing as me....HAIR! :oops:
It is a much smaller premises than where I am in now....but with much higher foot fall.

I need to find my point of difference.......and am considering going down the 'express' route.
Mini treatments, such as nails, brows & blow-dry's.:cool:
At the mo, I indulge my lovely client's with time.... all the extra goodies, specialty coffee, complimentary mini treatments etc......but feel my return for this is somewhat disappointing....client's expect more and more, but want to pay less & less!
Any pearls of wisdom would be much appreciated!:)

I'm beauty, not hair, so can only speak from my own experience.

Excel at it. Excel at cutting or colour (more money). Colour corrections, condition of hair and care. In my local town, there are about five hairdressers on the high street. I chose the one I go to because it looked quite funky(!). It's run by two guys. I like them, but if something opened near I would move. They don't take cards and the toilet is minging. The salon has a great vibe but I don't really want to listen to loud funky music for two hours.

My cut is pretty good - not amazing, and my colour is okay. In all my years I've had one hairdresser do good colour, but she had all her family in and out all day and on the phone. It felt like the bloody Waltons.

My point being this. Don't dilute your skills with different. Make your different your excellence. I hanker for a hair experience like the beauty experience we offer. Calm tranquility in the mad oasis of life. Gentle music, wifi, good coffee and a clean toilet. If you can cut hair as well, result!!!

I have grown my business beyond recognition by concentrating on skin. I do all the other treatments, but skin is my speciality. I have hiked the prices of my facials right up and our turnover has soared. I'm looking at more staff to carry out the brows, nails and waxing.

By all means do the mini treatments, but I would look at these as maybe Thursday, Friday and Saturday packages. Night out, brows, hair, make up etc, but your money is in high end cut and colour to a consistently excellent standard.

The only salon in my town that's considered 'high end' is overpriced and I hear a lot of complaints.

Good luck

Vic x

Latest posts

Back