Anyone use Treatwell?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjmawdsley

Reaction score
We're looking to expand our biz. Just wondering what experiences people had with these guys?

I stopped using it as it was a pain in the backside £30 a mth for bugger all x

I use Treatwell. It doesn't cost anything per month though? They take 20% +vat for any treatments booked through them.

It is great as an extra advert for your business and if you are looking for new clients. You have to keep their appointment diary upto date, which you can do on their app on your phone. If you don't and can't take an appointment they can get quite funny.

If you can get them to rebook with you directly then it won't cost you anything next time.

Check the search bar on here though. There are a few threads on it x

Ditto above. It works well for my business and although they take 20% of everything booked, I have a really good retention rate and the clients tend to then book direct with us. The widget you get included is the best bit for me as it means I can take online bookings through my fb and website which they only charge 50p per booking which includes a confirmation text. You just need to be good at blocking out the diary with your inhouse bookings to avoid double booking but it's easy to do .

Last edited:
ok thanks everyone. looked at the rest of the forum and it seems like treatwell can be quite useful for some but 20% looks a bit pricey. wondering if there are any alternatives

Treatwell has its benefits. I find it frustrating that if a client books an appointment online I then have to manually input it into my own online booking system. If a client books directly with me, my system automatically blocks out the time on the Treatwell calendar. This has caused me problems in the past. I also dont like that you are unable to reject a booking.

which booking system do you use Hattie? also, how many appointments are TW sending you?

It's not bad to get started off with especially if you don't have a website as it makes you appear higher up on google I found. I get barely any bookings from it though, I will probably end up deleting it after a few months when I don't feel I need it. I also don't have my full opening hours on there, so people can only book in between 11-3 depending on the day. If people want an evening appointment they have to book it through me, I don't want to lose 20% per treatment during my busy times and it gives people the incentive to book through me directly! (Therefore don't have to pay the 20%).
Another reason why I'll be deleting it soon is because of the fact you can't reject bookings. I don't want people booking in when I know I'll be on my own in the building when I haven't spoken to them first or seen them before, for safety reasons.

dont treatwell give you the ability to block your calendar for specific time periods? so that you cant take boookings

dont treatwell give you the ability to block your calendar for specific time periods? so that you cant take boookings

Yes but you have to manually input this, which is time consuming for me to put in the same block for every day, and I also forget as I don't really get bookings from treatwell anyway. I find it easier to just change the hours :)

I've just cancelled working with treatwell. My online booking system is meant to sync with theirs but for some reason it didn't work so I was juggling bookings over Christmas. We get very little from it and we're busy so it's just not worth carrying on for me x

I use Timely for my booking system. I'd get a few a week. I just found it stressful to juggle two diaries.

I use Treatwell. It doesn't cost anything per month though? They take 20% +vat for any treatments booked through them.

It is great as an extra advert for your business and if you are looking for new clients. You have to keep their appointment diary upto date, which you can do on their app on your phone. If you don't and can't take an appointment they can get quite funny.

If you can get them to rebook with you directly then it won't cost you anything next time.

Check the search bar on here though. There are a few threads on it x
Do you know if they offer services for mobile companies? x

Yes they do I used to use them when I was mobile. I got about 3 bookings in 2 yrs though. I'm using it for my home based salon now and iv not had 1 booking from it. But if I search certain treatments in my area I'm not even coming up?! Don't think it's very good anymore tbh x

I cancelled my listing with Treatwell months ago and they still have not removed my details from their site. They take a huge commission and have bad customer support. You are better off with your own website

I'm in 2 minds with Treatwell , I've always got one to two bookings a week from them but they kind of force the prices down el via their system and I get young people who are shopping around and tend not to return . So people looking for a deal. Also I think treatwell advertise on AdWords under my business name so it's hard for people now to get to my site. One way is to limit the calendar so people have to book through your own site for evenings and weekends. Treatwell kind of take over your brand and use your business to link to themselves .

I'm in 2 minds with Treatwell , I've always got one to two bookings a week from them but they kind of force the prices down el via their system and I get young people who are shopping around and tend not to return . So people looking for a deal. Also I think treatwell advertise on AdWords under my business name so it's hard for people now to get to my site. One way is to limit the calendar so people have to book through your own site for evenings and weekends. Treatwell kind of take over your brand and use your business to link to themselves .
I have restricted my treatwell menu which limits what clients can book through them. It's quite easy to do, on the menu you can choose wether to have all your services listed on treatwell or just select a few. I also don't do the last minute discounted deals!

The rate they take ends up as 25 % as they factor in tax . The premium service is absolutely not worth having, unless you are a salon or something with V high turnover. The first year I worked with them using premium and it ended up with half the money I made was taken - and that wasn't so much!

I agree with you. I've been using them for about 2 years and I'm considering coming off their site as we now have online booking directly on our website and I'm sick of giving them 20% of everything but I'm worried how it will effect my Google rating if we come off. Clients always see us on treatwell first on Google.

I agree with you. I've been using them for about 2 years and I'm considering coming off their site as we now have online booking directly on our website and I'm sick of giving them 20% of everything but I'm worried how it will effect my Google rating if we come off. Clients always see us on treatwell first on Google.
Why don't you just block out your treatwell diary for all days except really quiet times where you struggle to fill appt times, that way you are only allowing your premium slots to go with your clients that book direct through you and it keeps your treatwell listing live even though you may not get as many bookings through it as before.

Latest posts

Back