Apps for client records?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's me

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I’m looking for an app for an iPhone and iPad that can be used for storing client details and treatment records. Can anyone recommend one?
Ideally one that’s not too costly and easy to use. It doesn’t necessarily need an appointment side but I guess this would be a bonus. The main thing is for storing client details securely.
Thanks xx

Is there one for Android as well? Am guessing once this is on a phone the GDPR rules change?

@AcidPerm - Do you have to pay for ovatu?

@littlemiss1t
Gdpr wise - this is why I’m mainly doing it, as the context is more secure

I still use it for free as I downloaded it when it was still in its infancy and only use a basic version. I know the product has been developed to provide a lot more facilities so consequently they charge nowadays (according to the size of your business?).

If you search for ovatu on your iPad, the search will bring up some other popular salon software apps you can check out.

Is there one for Android as well? Am guessing once this is on a phone the GDPR rules change?

Not sure what you mean by ‘GDPR rules change’? You’re required to keep your client data secure, regardless of how you store it.

I had read up that if it is on computer there is a lot more to GDPR rather than pen & paper - to keep it securely locked up, with a computer, there is more of a chance of details being shared / hacked etc?

I am going to do a course as each article I have read seems to say slightly different on this subject.

Carly xx

Not sure what you mean by ‘GDPR rules change’? You’re required to keep your client data secure, regardless of how you store it.

It’s about taking reasonable steps to ensure that personal data can’t be unlawfully accessed.

Imagine you leave the treatment room to make the client a drink and the client sat in the room picks up the file to look at the notes that you’ve just been writing. She then starts idly flicking through your hand written record cards and starts reading other client notes.
To counter that happening, you ensure your record cards are securely locked away and you only take out the card relating to the current client.

Alternatively, if you store the client records on a tablet device, you could set up a password so that if someone picks up the tablet, they can’t open any files without inputting the correct password first.

The rules don’t change according to what storage method you use. If you don’t put a password on the device and leave it lying around for anyone to read, it’s really no different to the first scenario.

However, attending a course covering GDPR is a good choice as it gives you a chance to ask more questions.

I use Setmore and love it the basic version is free take a look x

Latest posts

Back