Are acrylics really bad for your natural nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies... Wasn't meaning to be snidey at all- i typed in a rush and Insensitively.. And having read back my message was a bit abrupt so I am sorry about that. If you could hear me saying it then you would know I wasn't trying to be rude- just in healthy debate. I just meant it's a very common misconception from us nail techs and clients alike that nails breathe.

To be honest - before I got into nails I thought nails breathe for many years, and I thought acrylics were bad for many years and I had no idea gel was the same thing. I would always take my nails off for a couple months stating they needed to breathe! Untill someone said to me- where are the lungs then??

Once again sorry for my bluntness!

Causing trouble again I see :wink2:

I actually didn't realise gel and acrylic were essentially the same, you learn summit everyday.

Last edited:
Causing trouble again I see ;)

I actually didn't realise gel and acrylic were essentially the same, you learn summit everyday.

Tell em claire... I'm nice really just blunt as hell! 😉

Wow thank you everybody! I can't believe how much I didn't know! I'll definitely be reconsidering my advice now. Especially regarding acrylics for weaker nails and gels for harder. Such a brilliant mine of information here!

Latest posts

Back