Are the Goldwell express toners a bit naff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give that a try, do you know the mixture? I can't remember it, would colourance and 10A be ok, Or would topchic be better? I haven't toned with them in a while x

I always used Topchic with 3% x

I always used Topchic with 3% x

Me too sometimes :)

Goldwell recommends mix 10ml Topchic 10ml 6% 10ml warm water ..... The consistency is better for application, spreads easier.

It depends on what you have underneath, if your starting with yellow then to put a a champagne on which would be similar to a 10NG wouldn't give the starting result.

10 silver is the coolest option so if that didn't work then the others won't :)

It was pretty yellow! I'd just had the roots bleached.

The goldwell trainer had done it for me. I wanted the silver but she said it wouldn't take because I was too yellow.

Goldwell recommends mix 10ml Topchic 10ml 6% 10ml warm water ..... The consistency is better for application, spreads easier.

Ah that makes sense as it was always very thick! X

I thought it was that mixture! Was too scared to post it in case it was completely wrong! Lol x

You're knowledge on Goldwell is fabulous always spot on 😊 have you done the colour expert course?

Yes :)

And a few other courses aswell. Goldwell teach higher than colour expert, that's just their middle course. Which is fab because some manufacturers it's their highest and once you've done it (I've done another expert course in the past) you've got nowhere else to go.

It was pretty yellow! I'd just had the roots bleached.

The goldwell trainer had done it for me. I wanted the silver but she said it wouldn't take because I was too yellow.

There must have been a good reason, but your hair does look like a champagne (NG) tone to me, silver is ash and cool. The other one is creme which is a flatish neutral tone.

I feel like a boring blonde atm and want to be a bright blonde! lol x

Do you have elumen?? AB@9

Elements great as it's just tone so you don't have to worry about it being a 9 or a 10 or going darker, your level stays the same it just adds/ changes the tone.

Do you have elumen?? AB@9

Elements great as it's just tone so you don't have to worry about it being a 9 or a 10 or going darker, your level stays the same it just adds/ changes the tone.

No I don't atm, need to sort that out soon x

Yes :)

And a few other courses aswell. Goldwell teach higher than colour expert, that's just their middle course. Which is fab because some manufacturers it's their highest and once you've done it (I've done another expert course in the past) you've got nowhere else to go.

I'm gonna ring Goldwell tomorrow after reading some of the advice and colour mixes you've recommended I want to up my game in colour. Not been to the new academy yet 😊

Yes defo,

The girls at the academy are really helpful.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396900495.066106.jpg

This blonde is beautiful! Would this be a 10p or 10a? X

Looks like10 creme to me or AB@9

10P could be used but not left on too long.

I thought it looked like 10 creme aswell but wondered if there was anything stronger than the express toners x

Have you mixed the toners before? Like 1 part creme 1 part silver? X

I've only used them on their own. But I'm sure you can mix them. I may try that combo sometime as well. I find the express ones very "light" as far as toners go, so I'm sure mixing would be A-OK.

I have read that you can mix them, I might try it on myself x

Latest posts

Back