Are you quiet too?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my creative course in Jan and need the money for that & overnight accomodation or i'll b kipping in me car!!:D

Hi there.

It looks like this is a quiet period for a lot of us.

I left salon in June and have been working from home ever since.

I have managed to keep fairly busy since then, but this last week have been really quiet.

I am almost booked up week before Christmas, but that's it.

Looks like we are all in the same boat. Hope it picks up for us all soon.

Sam

It's definitely not just you! I can't speak for myself as I'm not really up and running yet, but it seems to be the case for lots of businesses for some reason. My hairdresser was only telling me last week that his salon's been strangely very quiet. So no, you're not alone hun, try not to worry!

Im sure im not the only one, but i am so so busy! In fact i had 1 appt left before xmas, on 7th dec, and i filled that today, so i have no appts till 5th January. So if any techs are wanting to come to the isle of wight for a holiday and want to make a few bob, then give me a shout as i need a nail tech as my new girl doesnt start till end of jan!!

I am very quiet too but I do tend to get a bit paranoid and think that its something to do with me, even though other people say they are all having a very quiet time compared to last year.
Lack of confidence springs to mind!! Note to self....must stop these negative thoughts!!!:o

pinkshell_nails said:
Im sure im not the only one, but i am so so busy! In fact i had 1 appt left before xmas, on 7th dec, and i filled that today, so i have no appts till 5th January. So if any techs are wanting to come to the isle of wight for a holiday and want to make a few bob, then give me a shout as i need a nail tech as my new girl doesnt start till end of jan!!

So whats the secret???? Where do you advertise etc etc???:D

I am quiet too...boo hoo. I have taken the plunge and advertised in the local paper. It has been in 3 weeks and the number of people canvassing me to take out MORE advertising has outnumbered the phone calls from potential clients!! I have done 2 sets in 3 weeks and that was for 2 girls going to a ball, so I dont think they will be keeping them on. Getting demoralised now, as have spent out loads on salon, stock, training etc etc. Just hoping xmas might drag a few more in. I think people haven't got the cash to spare and a pamper treatment is one thing they can make do without.
Good luck to you all though over this period. WE MUST CHEER EACH OTHER UP - WE ARE NOT ALONE!! :Love:

Latest posts

Back