Are you quiet too?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Hi all!

Is anyone else having a bit of a quiet time just now?

I was really busy about a month ago.

I've got all my regulars booked in until after christmas now, and quite honestly i'm a bit worried. I've even placed and advert in the local paper!

Please tell me it's not just me:Scared:

hiya,

yeah went quiet a bit for me too and i only do nails parttime, however just this last week it's picked up again, i did some christmasy glitters on my nails and ppl have been enquiring about them, i also have my regs booking for christmas and new 'blow ins' who want to have nice nails for festive parties etc

Maybe do something eye catching on your own nails i find it always gets me business even if they just want the normal french...which i cant knock cos it's my bread n butter and i do like it myself!

hope things pick up for you x

hi bev

its not just you hun i thought it was just me i thought it would
start to pick up anyday but still no clients !!! bohooo:sad:
trying to keep positive though.

jules x

I think we are all slow at the mo - i am part time mobile and I have been really quiet - only doing a friend at work ( she is pregnant and having rebalances very fortnight!)

I am going to really increase my advertising next year - get out and deliver lots of leaflets and get the customers coming in! Christmas time may pick up _ al lot of the chinese salons here are now only doing appointments, no more drop ins, so hopefully I may benefit from people not getting an appointment!

PLus if it snows - who wants to go out? I will go to them if it kills me!

it's still abit early for the Crimbo rush, and you tend to find people leave it last minute to book - help I have a do tonight can you do my nails NOW?! I advertise loads and my phone doesn't ring like it used to, trade is down in every sector, you only have to look at the big shops doing 10 and 20% off days to see peeps aren't spending as normal. :hug:

its a bit quieter for me compared to this time last year, hoping it will pick up abit to buy xmas pressies:Scared:

it is alot quieter than last year.
it doesnt help that i had a no show this morning and a no show two weeks ago...
thank goodenss for my regulars

This time last year I was advertising each week in the local press and had 66% more bookings than i have now & i've no local press ads, until next week! However, there was not too many techs then.

I've got my YP & Yell ads this year which do work, but don't bring in instant response so i'm hoping my advert will, booked it for next three weeks.

Need the dosh for xmas pressies too! Thank god my hubby works & has a good job. However, we still need my earnings too! Looks like next weeks grocery shop will be a sack of spuds and a dozen eggs!!:D

ive got a fundraiser to do this saturday so am hoping this will bring some in. christmas week is nearly booked up its just the weeks leading upto that.

Things are quite for me too. Hope it will pick up for Christmas though ....

Having said that, come January and February things are going to get really quite because people will be broke from Christmas :sad:

River

has this year gone really quick or is it just me. i remember when i was little that the months dragged

I'm too quiet, but am sure things will pick up for most of us for Xmas.

Things are just picking up and getting busy for xmas.

Thanks River, you just know how to cheer me up!!!:D :Scared:

Glad i'm not the only one thats quite!I made arrangements so i'm avaliable every late night leading up to xmas day.Put a ad in my local press last week,which always used to work wonders,and had one enquiry call which resulted in "oh i can get them done cheaper than that in the shop in town"...enjoy your mma and drilled nails honey i thought!And one "i need my nails done now"call which if i didn't have kiera and wasn't a single parent would not of been a problem.

Lets look at it positively geeks...its the calm before the storm or rather shall i say the big mad rush we're all going to have!!!

Lou x x

February is usually really quiet as the credit card bilss need paying and it's a good time to plan some time off then.

However you can look at January in a different way. Fitness Centres are inundated with new people signing up as they make their New Year's resolutions to get fit. You just have to tap into this market and way of thinking, you know the "New Year New You" Stuff. Or have a pamper after the Christmas madness type thing.

When people phone up for a price you could try a different angle when replying. Don't give them the price (at least not at first!) Why not say, well if it's the cheapest price you are looking for then that's NOT me. But if you want to go somewhere reliable where you won;t get your nails damaged etc and will have lovely natural looking, smooth enhancements by a fully qualified and trained tech, then I'm the place your looking for!! They then get into a conversation about the different standards around, as so many people don;t know the difference between a good and bad place. Yup you'll still lose some becuase all they want is the cheapest, but at least you have given them an informed opinion on which to make their decision.

I know your right Sassy, but i've still got the shakes about it.

I've had some calls but not many, had one from Peterborough way & couldn't help as it's 40 miles away, did suggest they get back to me if no joy as I was gonna post a thread for Peterboro techs, but she didn't call back.

And what's happened today? My 11am rang yesterday & changed for a week next thursday & my 2pm rang an hour ago and has booked for next week as she's been delayed! So i'm sat here with an empty diary for today now!:mad:

I had been really quiet a couple of weeks ago...i think one week i earned 30 quid...not good...but its picking up again now...my average week is about 200 pounds and i have had 3 bookings today for this week...so its def getting better. I felt just like you a few weeks ago though...i was thinking maybe i should go and get another job and all sorts, but then i heard that everyone was in the same boat and this made me feel better...keep advertising and don't worry...if you have been busy then you will be busy again...i would be more worried if i had never had a busy week since i started...you'll be fine xxx

some php geeks here?

Bev Rose said:
Thanks River, you just know how to cheer me up!!!:D :Scared:

Sorry Bev, but I am an eternal pessimist ! :D

It's the same everywhere though - look at general retail sales during Jan / Feb. People get the fright of their life when their credit card bills turn up for Christmas and don't set foot out of the house for fear of spending between those months.

Like you, I am getting worried because from January I have an additional outgoing of £220 per month and don't know where I'm going to get the money from !!

River

Latest posts

Back