Area Renter... what should I expect to pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kristen

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Kristen & I am new to this site. My question is:

I am currently in Nail Tech school & will be graduating Nov. 12th. I am also working full time & will be leaving that job Dec. 31st. I already have a job lined up for when I graduate & will be working part time at a very small salon. (2 stylists & me... the nail tech) The owner wants to charge me $20 per day for an area renter. I am also renting an area for a tanning bed which I purchased & my dear husband will install the walls around it. The owner wants to charge me $100 per month for that. This all comes down to $500 per month. I asked my nail tech educator & she thinks that this is pretty pricey for a "Newbie" I did figure out how many hours I can work while still working my "day job" & it's 19.5 hours a week. The more I think about it the more I think it's so expensive. It's a really small shop, not "high end" there is only 1 pedicure chair & 1 manicure table. I will be the only nail tech.

I would love to hear what everyone has to say. I want to get as much information as I can because I would like to have a sit down with her & discuss this more in detail.

P.S. January 1st I will be able to work full time in the salon.
Thank you!!
Kristen

Latest posts

Back