Attire for nail techs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidileann

Reaction score
Soooo i was just needing an opinion? How do you guys dress for work? I know stylists dress professionally or with a apron or something right? Do you guys think that really cute scrubs would be ideal or no? So i wouldnt get my clothes dirty and i could be professional and comfy?

I personally wear dressy pants, and a tank top or blouse with a cardigan. In the summer I wear dresses. I wear an apron for nail services. I have never ruined any of my clothes. However, for body waxing I keep scrubs at the salon to change into. Scrubs are comfy but tend to fade fast. Some are really cute though, and there are lots of beautiful frilly girly aprons available too.

Thank you. I'll most likely go the apron route.

I work very flexible hours from home so I don't wear a uniform. I could be having an intended day off and get asked to do a set of nails and be free to do them so I wouldn't bother to keep getting changed.

Nobody at all seems to mind, if they do they would more than likely lose out on appointments with me as I wouldn't be as accommodating if I had to keep getting changed for them.

I wear black pants and a tunic. I'm home based and mobile. I feel more professional wearing a tunic and I hate getting dust all over my 'real' clothes.

Im now mobile so I wear black trousers & a black top with an apron over the top. The apron has my logo embroidered onto it & 3 large, very handy pockets that I keep gloves, rubbish bags & odds & sods in.

When I was salon based in a hair salon I used to wear my own clothes (so did the hair dressers, so we kinda matched) with my apron over the top. I love aprons! Less constricting than tunics imho (im a biggish lass!) xx

I agree with Emily. I wore tunics for the first 8 years and did that "keep getting changed" thing as I work from home. So many people said why do I bother, that now I don't. I'm smart, I'd never wear trackies or something but I don't bother with the tunic now. And am busier now than ever before so I really don't think it makes a difference. :)

I agree with Emily. I wore tunics for the first 8 years and did that "keep getting changed" thing as I work from home. So many people said why do I bother, that now I don't. I'm smart, I'd never wear trackies or something but I don't bother with the tunic now. And am busier now than ever before so I really don't think it makes a difference. :)
I actually think people like the 'comfort' of it and see that we feel settled around them which makes them more comfortable too.

The amount of ladies I have coming for their nails in their jamas is unbelievable and they don't feel silly as they know it's a 'home from home' environment - I do however remain professional with other aspects of the business, time keeping, service, offering a drink etc :)

Great ideas and advice. Thank you. :)

Latest posts

Back