BABTAC or FHT or Guild of Beauty therapists????? Help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that they are all great companies, so I think it is just a matter of personal choice.

I am with Babtac myself and have found their customer service second to none. :)

Wow it's good to know we have so many good organisations supporting our industry and us ...well done guy's :hug:

In my personal experience, BABTAC and The GUILD are both amazing in their cover and their customer service. xxx

I am sure most peeps are very happy with whom they are with just as I am with the Guild. I don't aim to get into any trouble where I will need their help, but it is good to know they are there. I also enjoy getting my Guild Gazette.

It is also great to see them and BABTAC on this site participating so often. Thanks.

I would highly recommend the Guild. I have found sarah & louise very helpful if I have had any problems and believe me I did when I was trying to download my course manuals, yet sarah was great and rang or emailed me when they got one or even half of a manual (had 12 manuals to be emailed that day).I was getting well annoyed but sarah was really great. (all of the guild staff are really nice) I have insurance cover for my salon and training academy and find the Guild first class in all areas.I love the magazine as well as all the extra promotions and competitions they run. :):)
I cannot comment on BABTAC as I've had no dealings with them.

hopefully they will run the aero promotion again this year to help boost our industry abit in these hard times.
it would be great for us and the public to be pampered as alot of people are cutting out treatment.

Thanks fr the comments guys, we do our best to help you where ever we can.

Our membership does include £2 million Public, Producy & Treatment Liability insurance cover, as well as loads of other benefits. If you need any more information, click here, call us on 0845 3177 383 or PM me.
It is ironic that just today,while on my reflexology course with Helen McGuinness,that we were discussing different insurers and The Guild were mentioned along with some others that Helen were saying were beneficial to go with....i am switching to the Guild from FHT.....FHT are now too big and too money hungry in my opinion....gone are the days when FHT were in a little office in a small suburb of Southampton:eek::lol:....

My main gripe with the FHT, the magazine & money grabbing aside, is their constant nannying about what you should & shouldn't do! They've become obsessed with regulating & standardising everything to the point where the beauty of holistic therapies, i.e. intuition & creativity, are stifled out of them in order to do it the way some self-elected board say it should be done. But don't get me started on that!

My main gripe with the FHT, the magazine & money grabbing aside, is their constant nannying about what you should & shouldn't do! They've become obsessed with regulating & standardising everything to the point where the beauty of holistic therapies, i.e. intuition & creativity, are stifled out of them in order to do it the way some self-elected board say it should be done. But don't get me started on that!

Oh dear, now that is off putting. It is good that on here, they can hear feedback like yours Martin and hopefully act on it.

Oh dear, now that is off putting. It is good that on here, they can hear feedback like yours Martin and hopefully act on it.

If only - I wrote a very long letter to them once about my worries regarding regulation & to their credit they printed it, but they seem to have glossed over all the problems that have arisen in the talks (with half the representative bodies of various therapies falling out & wanting to set up their own). Regulation looks good on paper but talk to anyone that's been through it, especially many chiropractors, and they say for little to no benefit they're now lumbered with huge registration costs & tonnes of paperwork. We're currenty looking at a situation where you will have to pay per therapy you offer, which is going to make it even harder for part-time therapists, like those who have young children or are semi-retired. Thankfully it's currently only voluntary, which makes it a ridiculous idea anyway - who's going to pay all that money out at this point in time when you don't need to?!

On the subject of nannying, one of the most amusing letters ever in FHT was from someone who asked about putting an amethyst crystal under their treatment couch during massage without a crystal therapy qualification & they were told they could but wouldn't be uninsured!!:grr::lol:

Thanks for everyones help. Do BABTAC offer any deals for Geek members?

Latest posts

Back