Bad boss!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-lady

Reaction score
Need some advise ladies, I've recently changed from self employed to employed and I'm struggling with my boss, she doesn't provide the beauty girls with right products or equipment, we have no consultation forms, clients are complaining about the lack of colours to choose from when picking a colour for their nails,we have about 10 colours to choose from and when we run out of a product we are constantly apologising to clients for not carrying out the treatment as they expect coz the boss won't buy us what we need, I'm constantly going from scrubbing scurting boards and cleaning Windows and having my hands in bleach as that's the only cleaning product we are provided with, to doing my treatments, which is starting to affect my back, she makes things up to cause trouble and tells alot of lies, I know she's the boss but I really feel like quitting my job!

Can u go back to self employed until something else turns up? I would run a mile with this boss. It just makes u unhappy.

There is a chance that the owner is oblivious to how the employees feel, call a meeting with everyone involved and the owner and calmly put across the facts and how they affect the service to the client, remind the owner that it's in their interests to run efficiently in order to grow. As long as no one gets irate the owner should take everything on board. Discuss answers to problems & draw up a list of what was discussed at the meeting with a list of solutions, it makes the owner accountable and gives a clear guideline on fixing issues, maybe you can get a little pay rise for being so caring about the business ;)

I think for me it would depend on how your employer comes across as a person: someone who strives to learn and improve who will appreciate feedback or someone who flips her lid when offered feedback because she runs a business based on playing power games with staff and witholding resources.

The making things up and lying thing would be a deal breaker for me for what it's worth. Perhaps you've answered your own question regarding how to proceed ;)

I swear you have literally described my boss x is she ever at the salon if not it's pointless trying to reason with her x I've staff at the salon I work at now go out and purchase the stock themselves x unfortunately after much hard work I've learned you either bite your lip and get on with it or you leave x

If you're not happy, leave and get another job elsewhere - life's too short! Could you go back to being self-employed - mobile, or renting a room?

Latest posts

Back