Barbers and salon combined, yes or no?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckybee

Reaction score
Hi. We are in the process of converting one of our shops into a barbers for my stepson.

The shop is 2000sq ft, so quite big. But is it too big just for a barbers? There's a wall that runs almost down the middle with a few openings along the way. It would be very easy to create a little wall and put doors in The openings to create two seperate units. But they would use the same front door. If that makes sense.
Which is our idea, but my stepson things it'll work without the need to seperate the sex's. Our main concern is the men's side being alittle roudy and slightly intimidating for the ladies.

What do you guys think?

Well I wouldn’t choose to have my intimate wax done in a barbers! Why not turn it into a male groom room instead? Men’s waxing, facials and massage? Could work out really well.

Male groom rooms can work out well but depends where. Our one in town closed down as not enough business. We have a fairly new barbershop / tattoo studio and it's VERY popular. 3 guys cutting hair and 1 tattoo guy who is the owner. It's split by a soundproof glass division and very much a guys place.

No, a successful hairdressing salon is as much about the ambience as well as the service.
<imagine the loos. :eek: >

Well I wouldn’t choose to have my intimate wax done in a barbers! Why not turn it into a male groom room instead? Men’s waxing, facials and massage? Could work out really well.

Barbers on side, ladies the other, wall in the middle, apart from the front door area. Seperate rooms for beauty side. Barbers tend to do everything in the chair, don't they?

No, a successful hairdressing salon is as much about the ambience as well as the service.
<imagine the loos. :eek: >
Man and female loos in spear ate locations of the building..... Not that crazy lol

Barbers on side, ladies the other, wall in the middle, apart from the front door area. Seperate rooms for beauty side. Barbers tend to do everything in the chair, don't they?
Men are funny creatures. I bet some still wouldn't go in.

I think it can either be a barbers or a unisex hairsalon, barbers and hair salon together won't work, you need to have a target clientele.

I don't think it will work x

When women see is mostly men in front door they maybe wont think go in. This same for men who see women in front may think is only for women and wont go in.
When you separate in same place it maybe do well only one side.
I say best to make unisex full room so is not divided and people will not get any wrong idea of what kind place is this.
Like someone say above here you need to know what kind place is this to bring customers. It cant be little bit of both you have to make one or other or make it full unisex. If woman pass by room of men it can make feel uncomfortable like she not supposed to be there. One more thing to think is many women do not like to have men see when they get beauty service because they think of as woman space for relaxing.
I know one girl rent a room in back of barber for nail and she move very fast because client made comment about it.

Latest posts

Back