Barrel looking nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
My nails are quite fan shaped and i have slightly short nail beds too. When i do my nails they always look quite barrel looking. Quite rounded and chunkiesh. Sorry i am not good at explaining! I tried a blend of intense and flawless to lengthen my beds but they still look barrel like. Any suggestions on how to make them look better?

A photo would help Zoe, love!!

I was thinking the same thing sweetcheeks! Do your nails have 'hips'?

Sorry i dont have a camera to show you. It doesnt matter really as it is my own nails anyway. They do have hips but i tried to take them in a bit with my file. I dont know if its because they are fan shaped, they are quite wide at the top of my nails. Anyway it doesnt really matter. thank you.

Zoe, one of the most awkward shapes to 'make over' is the true fan-shaped nail.

Best to keep them model-length (short and slightly rounded). This way the length will not exaggerate the 'fan' and you can work really thin because you do not have the length to worry about.

Model length is a nice look too. Neat and natural and very 'in'. I wear my nails like this. They just go with every look ... look fab with the latest autumn rich colours too. Very classy looking.

geeg said:
Model length is a nice look too. Neat and natural and very 'in'. I wear my nails like this. They just go with every look ... look fab with the latest autumn rich colours too. Very classy looking.

Hi Geeg
What's model length? I'm not familiar with the term.
And what you're saying is that you've got very classy looking nails!! :D
You're making me jealous!!

Colin

How the models all wear thieir nails is long nail bed and only a mm or less of white free edge. the shorter you take the white the better it looks actually.

This look is easy to achieve if you custom blend your own flawless powder to the colour of your own nail plate and elongate the bed to the end of the finger and add just that sliver of white.

Would I have anything else BUT classy looking nails?? :p

Gigi you are so funny! Im wearing midnight blue glitter stilletoes........am I not classy love????!!!!!!!

Darling I'm sure you would look classy no matter what style of nail you wore ... I am 58 .... conservative is better for me .. anything else looks faintly rediculous ;) !!

Thanks for replying Gigi! I understand now why my nails look like this. I have them medium lenght and they are square, thats why they look stupid! I am going to take your advice and change them to short and classy! I do like long but ill have to agree they do look better shorter. Thank you, you are a star.xx

58!!!! you dont look a day over 21 hun.

geeg said:
Darling I'm sure you would look classy no matter what style of nail you wore ... I am 58 .... conservative is better for me .. anything else looks faintly rediculous ;) !!

Oh my!!! Thank you.

The picture flatters me!!

I only feel 18 though if that's any help. LOL

Well they do say your only as old as you feel, so way to go you. Must be all that spanish Living.

Hugs
xxx

geeg said:
Oh my!!! Thank you.

The picture flatters me!!

I only feel 18 though if that's any help. LOL

Latest posts

Back