base coats & tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou B

Reaction score
Hia,

Can anyone advise me of the best base coats out there..and if everyone thinks 'sticky' is a good all rounder?
Also, as a student i need lots of cheap tips to practice on and just wondered if anyone knew of any cheap tips i can get from the internet? Also any good tips to use which are natural and more flat shape..as the ones I have at the moment are v curved which dont fit my nails v well.....

all help apprecited!

thanks

Well Ive used all sorts in the past but only really use Stickey base coat now.
Millenium sell cheap packs of tips, ideal for practice, dont know their addy as I only ever pick them up at shows but if you type 'Millenium' in the 'Search' box above right, youre sure to find posts about them & the site addy will be amongst them.
For flat nails you could try either Formation or Eclipse tips (theyre both from Creative). Im sure other peeps may be able to recommend other brands.
Hth.

stickey is a great base coat. cheap tips, try hawley, theyre good for a flat nail bed.hopefully you can get them over your way.

yep millenium nails i found the best

cheaper than alot too.

11.99 plus vat for box of 400 tips

i use the salon square and the salon featherlite

i have tried several tips and find them the best
especially there french i use for brides as there smile lines are nice an smiley

plus when you run low on sizes you can order the refill bags of 50 1.99 a bag

ark at me i sound a right cheap skate

Hi, I too have been looking around for cheap tips to use on my nail trainer and I found some at www.naio.co.uk. They have ones called crystal clear and they are £1.49 for 100. I have ordered them but havent received them yet so cant tell you if they are any good.

thanks, that seem really cheap...might have a look at them. they seem really cheap...just what i need when i will probably go through 100's!

Stickey is a brill base coat, sos Toughen Up. Ridge Out is good aswell x (sorry im a creative fan)

I got Millenium tips at the show and they are good for practice.

Hope this helps xx

you can buy a great big bag of practice tips from WWW.thenailcompany.co.uk for about £5. (assorted sizes, colours and shapes)

I used the same bag all through college, handed them round and I`ve still got loads left to experiment on now - definately worth a look - although be warned - they are just for practice - and not to be used professionally - i think they must be seconds or something.

princessniknox said:
you can buy a great big bag of practice tips from WWW.thenailcompany.co.uk for about £5. (assorted sizes, colours and shapes)

Thanks for that Tracey. Just had a look and those tips are £7 incl vat for 1000. A real bargin. They have some great nail art things too.

jee-nails said:
princessniknox said:

Thanks for that Tracey. Just had a look and those tips are £7 incl vat for 1000. A real bargin. They have some great nail art things too.

What a great idea - think I'll get some too, I'm using up loads of my velocity tips on the trainer hand and could certainly do with some cheap ones to practice away at my hearts content.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back