Beauty | Japan's Bagel Forehead Fad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
I'm going to give you a fair warning. If you are at all squeamish, needle phobic, or perhaps afraid of aliens, then read no further. All who go beyond this point, do so at their own risk. Understood? Good, let's continue.

There are some crazy beauty fads out there but I haven't seen any as creepy as this. National Geographic have just reported on Japan's latest trend: the Bagel Forehead. The process involves saline being injected into the forehead until it creates a bulging reservoir. Then, the "therapist" uses his/her thumb to push an indentation into the middle, hence the name 'bagel'.

It only lasts anywhere between 16 to 24 hours before the saline is absorbed into your body but why anyone would want to walk around with a bagel forehead for 16 to 24 minutes is beyond me. It looks like something citizens of The Hunger Game's Capital would be all over, or extras from Avatar. It's so disturbing in a number of ways. Also, what happens afterwards? Are there any side effects, headaches, saggy skin after repeated use? Who the heck knows?

I'll tell you one thing, call me a spoil sport but I'm not prepared to find out. But if you want to add it to your menus, knock yourself out.

Bizarre Clip Of The Week: Bagel Head Surgery.. Trend Is Growing In Japan - YouTube

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Image courtesy of NATGEOTV

Attachments

• bagel head.jpg
    bagel head.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 7,752
That is hideous! Think I have seen it all now! Bagel head hahaha x

I saw this the other day. Thanks goodness it wears off. Why would anyone do this to themselves?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

:eek:oh my lord what next!

Actually I get it. I mean I wouldn't personally have it done and it's not something I like the look of either. But the girl having it done is obviously into body modification and this is another form of that.

I did get a headache just looking at it though! :D Needles in the heed - yowch!

What? Why? Who are these people that think 'you know what my forehead is missing? A bagel'

What? Why? Who are these people that think 'you know what my forehead is missing? A bagel'

Love it lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I saw this online the other day.
I understand people's interest in body modification but why on earth would you choose to have a bagel shape in your forehead??? Lovehearts, flowers - i get that but BAGELS!?

Each to their own though :)

...made me want a bagel. *running off to the cafe*

Why? Each to there own but it's not a treatment i'm going to be offering any time soon!

You know when I read this, I was exactly sure what to expect visually... Perhaps a smallish lump on the head somewhat like a Klingon (the Star Trek people lol) ...
certaintly wasn't expecting that picture!!
Bless her, she looks happy but it's not a look I'd wear !

I do find it shocking the things doctors/therapists are prepared to do for others past the point of common sense.

I like the way they had to get Asami 'the expert' the press the middle in. Made me feel a bit sick if I'm honest.

Bleughhhhh! Think im gonna vom!

Holy smoke that's bizarre x

...made me want a bagel. *running off to the cafe*

Chikafish not sure what this says for your state of mind girl ;) but i to am now thinking mmmm buttery cinnamon bagel would be lovely.

Aside from food.... Why!?!? Just why!?!?!

Oh dear me, what on earth is happening in this world?

Good job they didn't call it a crusty cob, seeded batch or a sliced white!
dread to think what they would look like.

They look like they should audition for Star Trek ... made me want to heave.

Oh dear me, what on earth is happening in this world?

Good job they didn't call it a crusty cob, seeded batch or a sliced white!
dread to think what they would look like.

Haha can you imagine a French baguette 😲x

Latest posts

Back