Begging Time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanny

Reaction score
Yep, it's that time of year again. BEGGING TIME! :p I'm coming to you guys with cap in hand asking for your nail pics. If you havent already got your pics displayed in the Guests Gallery on Liberty Nail Design, there's never been a better time to do it than now. I've been busy the last few days cleaning up the Gallery and making it more search engine friendly. Google bots are presently crawling the site and I reckon that very soon, it's going to feature very strongly in the search results when searching for nail art, nail pics, etc, etc.

So why should you show your pics on our Gallery? How do you benefit?

1, You'll get a link to your website directly from the page in the gallery where your pics are displayed. Your link will be the only one on that page so it's a really strong link to your site. Like I said earlier, the page has now been made 100% search engine friendly so any link on these pages will definitely be monitored by the search engines.

2, At present we get 1500 to 1800 hits a day so some of that traffic could very well follow your link and visit your site.

You will of course, receive full credit for your work. If you dont have a website at the moment, you can still submit your pics. I'll place them on the page along with some text and your email address if you wish. If and when you do have a website, you'll already have your first good link in place. :D

Finally, a simple reminder that only good digital pics are acceptable. Oh yeah, the address? http://www.libertynaildesign.com/guest.html

OOoh! I will send you some! lol

i'm still struggling taking good piccies...have a digital camera with macro, tripod etc - they just aren't good enough - any suggestions?

I just emailed you Seanny, out with the old and in with the new

Sherry, I look forward to receiving them, thanks in advance. :D

Dianne, sorry hun I'm not the best person to ask here. I know what the finished photos should look like but I dont know how to do it. *LOL* Jackie takes all the pics, I'll ask her to post here. In the meantime all I can suggest is lots of practice, different angles and lighting. If possible, try not to use the flash. Dont mean to sound silly here, but make sure that you have the macro enabled before you shoot your pic, it is normally set to 'off' by default.

Sarah, I got your pics hun, I'll add them tomorrow. Thanks for your support. :hug:

Hi Seanny,

I really, really want to send you some pictures, but am having trouble attaching them to hotmail.

Would it be possible to copy them from my webstie??? It's www.signaturenails.co.uk

Sorry, if I'm being a pain!!!

Kx

Quick update. I've added Karen's pics and Julie's, though I dont know if Julie is a Geek, but she will be soon enough, leave that to me *LOL* Dianne, I got your pics in the MS word doc but I cant remove them, can you send them again as an attachment please? By the way, they look really good. :) Sarah Lou, your pics will be sorted next along with Layla's 'Laystar'. Stay tuned.

Hi Seanny,

I would like some of my pickies to be included but I don't know if they are good enough :( I have quite a few on my website if any of those are any good.

Sarah

i've looked at yours sarah jane - they are great!

Tickled Pink! said:
i've looked at yours sarah jane - they are great!
Hear hear Dianne, nothing wrong with those nails at all Sarah, if you're agreeable, I'll put them in the Gallery too, thanks very much.

Sarah Lou and Laystar, your pics have been added, thanks a million. I've changed some of the borders and stuff to pink. Jackie said that pink is the new 'black'..... who am I to disagree? :lick:

It's looking fantastic!

Thanks Seanny!!! :D :D :D

Kxxxxx

Sarah Jane, I've added your pics, they look great. Thanks I've added a couple of pretty bows, hope you like them.

Hey Seanny Dude ;)

Thanks fo adding my pics. The guest gallery is looking brill...and good job with the pink!! Pinks always been the new black :-D

xxlaylaxx

Thanks Seanny,

the photos look really good and the bows are very pretty :)

Sarah

Wow... everyone's happy. Glad you like them guys. By the way, if anyone wants bows (or dividers) to use on their own site. Take a peek at my free resource page. Pick a divider and tell me what colours you prefer to go with own page. The cost? Nada, zilch, nothing. However depending on the demand, it might take a little time to get round to each individual, please be patient.

In the meantime, if anyone else has any pics they'd like to display, just holler!!

Hey Seanny,

I know I said months ago that I would send some pics....well since then the computer has been very naughty :irked:

Since getting rid of the 2-3 viruses on it it has decided that it will not accept any of my peripherals...inc. printer and camera :evil:

But......in anticipation of it pulling it's socks up and finally co-operating with me I have bought a new camera and am half way through a basic camera class (only 6wks in total!!!)

So don't hold your breath but when it is all eventually working again I will send you some pics!!! :D

Nikki said:
Hey Seanny,

I know I said months ago that I would send some pics....well since then the computer has been very naughty :irked:

Since getting rid of the 2-3 viruses on it it has decided that it will not accept any of my peripherals...inc. printer and camera :evil:

But......in anticipation of it pulling it's socks up and finally co-operating with me I have bought a new camera and am half way through a basic camera class (only 6wks in total!!!)

So don't hold your breath but when it is all eventually working again I will send you some pics!!! :D

Just a thought................
When you removed the virus , did you make sure it was completley removed and it didn't leave any traces in the registry ????
Some viruses plant themself in the registry and disguise themself as a program or entry that the PC thinks is totaly legit........
Check back on information about the virus and look for any information on Trendmicro or Norton, for any tips on cleaning the registry...........
There is usualy a help page to check for registry entries this virus might have created .................
Then when you sure all is clean ,defrag the PC,this will put all the files back into their relevant place................

Also worth a shot is this, if your PC is virus free and you have Win XP, go to system restore and select a restore point, a date when you knew for sure your pc exepted all your hardware settings...and was running ok..............
Then after doing this virus scan again, just to make sure it is clean..........
update your virus software on a regular bases , so it detects the latest virus in circulation........

Just a thought xxx

Wow Ruth.... not just a pretty face, huh? I'm impressed. Great info there. Listen up guys, if you've had a virus problem and you're not sure if it's been totally cleared, pay a visit to Housecall . Jackie and I have used this site several times and it's never failed us yet. If you've never had a virus, still no harm to pay a visit and double check. Just be aware that it takes several minutes initially to scan your PC, dont think that there's nothing happening. It is working behind the scenes. Finally a word of advice, a virus checker that is not updated every 2 weeks is just computer clutter. When was the last time that yours was updated? I'm talking about all virus checkers now..... freebies and paid. UPDATE!!!

oops, nearly forgot what the thread was about. Happens regularly when I start ranting.. *LOL* Nikki, enjoy the course, learn whatever you need to learn, come home and take some great nail pics and we'll get them posted.

Hi Sean

pics on the way, let me know if any probs with the format i ahve sent them in

take care
x

Lucia hun, I've received your pics. Unfortunately they're embedded in that word document and I cant remove them. Can you send them again as an email attachment. You needn't worry about thumbnails, etc. I can do that from here as long as the original photos are good quality.

Dianne, I've added your pics and given you a pretty (was gonna say brothelised, better not *LOL*) page. If you'd like me to tone it down, just say. To any concerned Geeks who submitted their pics in the early stages, dont worry, your pages will also get a makeover very soon.

Latest posts

Back