Best mask to wear for spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
Hi I always wear a mask when spray tanning and have good ventilation but i still end up inhalaing alot of spray which makes me cough and gives me a brown stained nose and nostrils after spraying someone.

What mask can i use to help prevent this more?

I have used the doctors style masks, sometimes using two at once.

I have tried a dust mask.

Really stuck as to what else i can use

You could really do with looking at how ur machine is set up if ur having to wear masks and solution is getting through them then you are using too much solution. Just have a look and see if you can turn down the setting. :)

hi i have turned the setting down. (maxi mist 1/3 of a turn if im right)

That's alot if solution to be inhaling, I always get brown residue up my nose but it's only on my 5th or 6th tan (as in one after another) that the air starts to bother me. Maybe have another look at your gun and ventilation and positioning of tent etc. A doctor style mask should be sufficient.

I have in the past done a spray tan party of 10, I used a black towel in the bottom of my tent, and between girls I used that towel to give the inside of the tent a quick wipe down for any over spray, then put a fresh towel down.
I did not wear a mask I was wearing a white blouse and black trousers.
I use 30 mils of solution per client.
My host's bathroom had white tiles and they were still white when I finished.
You should not be painted in tanning solution when you have finished. If you are you are wasting product and that means you are loosing profit.
There is a thread on here somewhere by tonilee that I read and took to heart.
Take a sheet of couch roll, hold it up and spray it from the same distance as you would from a client.
The front sheet should turn brown but when you turn it over the back of the two ply sheet should be white. If it isn't, turn your gun down a quarter turn and try again, keep turning it down until you get this result.
I hope this helps hun:hug:

you could also consider the use of nose plugs. you can get ones that filter the air so you can still breath easily.

And yes you need to keep turning that gun down, 30 mls as susie says is an ideal amount, more than that and its going to waste. but getting your mls down takes time and practise .

tigi
xx

cheers for the advice.

I use about 40ml depends on person per tan.

I dont get plastered in tan nor does the room. It just seems to like to stick the sides of me nose.

it can do, i like to use vaseline inside my nose and then my nose plugs. I find masks are restrictive , I keep having to take it off to give client instructions, which is why i use nose plugs, (i try to breath through my nose and keep my mouth closed, unless giving instructions).

tigi
xxx

Latest posts

Back