Best props & hand poses for photo's??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
Looking through all the lovely pics I was wondering what are the best props to use? obviously not something that would detract the beauty of the nails or something that makes the hand look distorted.

So any idea's??

I did wonder is it possible to take a pic that shows every single nail including both thumbs as sometimes one hides!

I do like 'different' things but can't think of any. One of my fav's is the entity pic where the hand and nails look like part of the flower - very clever.

Surely the picture is what can make or break the nails in question, so what tips and tricks are there.

Competition pics I did one for halloween never sent it in as to me it didn't seem to tell a story - just resting on a pumpkin :eek: It is very hard when you have an idea but stuck as to how to get there!

So what do you all like to see as far as 'the pose' or 'the prop' or does it not matter?

Take care xx

have a look in geekgallery - there are some fab ideas in there

I found a towel is a good one - especially if is a constrasting colour then it can really set the nails off.

I have seen all sorts- from flowers to remote controls to coke cans!

I think a champagne glass is a good one to use as the hand can be wrapped around the glass showing all fingers, as well as looking classy too.:biggrin:

Love and hugs

I think it depends on what your trying to achieve ie: are you going for a professional photoshoot type look (like glos' photo comp pics) or if you are going for a standard this is my work type photo. Does any of that make sense?
I haven't seen the flower into nails pic, but if it's anything like the glass of champagne into hand pic, I'm pretty sure that it is a combination of two photos manipulated into one.

louisehartje said:
have a look in geekgallery - there are some fab ideas in there

I found a towel is a good one - especially if is a constrasting colour then it can really set the nails off.

I have seen all sorts- from flowers to remote controls to coke cans!

I agree those where the pic I was looking at. The towel is cool.xx

rachel_1984 said:
I think a champagne glass is a good one to use as the hand can be wrapped around the glass showing all fingers, as well as looking classy too.

will have to get a champagne glass! xx

grafxgal said:
I think it depends on what your trying to achieve ie: are you going for a professional photoshoot type look (like glos' photo comp pics) or if you are going for a standard this is my work type photo. Does any of that make sense?
I haven't seen the flower into nails pic, but if it's anything like the glass of champagne into hand pic, I'm pretty sure that it is a combination of two photos manipulated into one.

the flower one is definately 2 into one. Looks very good. Say on your website gallery would you have all the pictures of the nails the same? e.g hand ontop of other or just one hand showing? The shoots Glo does are great but surely you need alot of knowledge about photography, lighting and ideas, will need to get a good book or even a couple of days training.lol xx

Thanks for your ideas, thank you xx

Cool, I get what you're saying.
If your going to do a before and after section I have seen some nice ones where they have finished one hand then left the other as it came in, so to speak, with the finished hand on the bottom and the unfinished on top, so you can compare them. HTH. Will add more as I think of them :lol:

Cheers

Nice one Sheryl, I do like the idea of the before and and after in the same shot!

Take care xx

Try a designer nails enamel remover bottle (the ones you retail 150ml), they are just the right diameter to get your fingers round and show the thumb too.

& I like combined piktures,then there allmost all thingers are shown good,and the rest (as thumbs,for example,or extra beautiful nails :) )are enlarged and edited to a total pikture as additional bits..it allways looks interestingly...:)
...but in my case it,i meen that photos, would do my brother, cause i can't work with those superclever-computer-photo programs :wink2:

Toni Talons said:
Try a designer nails enamel remover bottle (the ones you retail 150ml), they are just the right diameter to get your fingers round and show the thumb too.

Nice idea will have to try it! Thanks honey x

Vitochka said:
& I like combined piktures,then there allmost all thingers are shown good,and the rest (as thumbs,for example,or extra beautiful nails )are enlarged and edited to a total pikture as additional bits..it allways looks interestingly...
...but in my case it,i meen that photos, would do my brother, cause i can't work with those superclever-computer-photo programs

WOW what an idea I haven't got a hope in hells chance of sussing how to do it will have to give myself brain ache and try. I have only just figured how to put my name on my pic's using photoshop. x

Take care xx

Latest posts

Back