Best Red Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
I was reading a Leighton Denny article in one of the mags where he was talking about competition nails. He mentioned that the red polish used on one hand should have the most glass like finish you could find and that perhaps you might need to use something different from your usual.

So my question is: What do you all think is the best glossy, cream, competition winning red enamel on the market?

I don't mind buying a few to try, perhaps the top three recommended

My three favorite reds in order are:

OPI Red
China Glaze Sultry
Creative Company Red

All three are creme primary reds with the exception of OPI which has almost an unnoticable pearl to it but really gives it some depth. As far as tonal range goes, the OPI runs a tad pink, the China Glaze a bit orange and Creative dead smack in the middle. HTH!

Creatives Company Red for me as well
x

Hi!

Is this polish called Creative Company Red or has it another name.

scattyfox said:
Creatives Company Red for me as well
x

Lucky Star said:
Hi!

Is this polish called Creative Company Red or has it another name.

Company Red is the name of this particular enamel from Creative.

Company Red by CND is terrific!

Do you do anything else to it for comps or just paint it on? might make myself look thick here! lol, didnt know if you 'buffed' or anything to make it extra shiny?

Ok, so I will order a bottle of Creative Company Red tomorrow. Thanks you guys, you're great. Any others I should know about?

Company Red is fab, but I am giving Tabloid a go, very similar .......For me it has to be CND enamels as the brush is fab and fans out nicely .....

Do you do anything else to it for comps or just paint it on? might make myself look thick here! lol, didnt know if you 'buffed' or anything to make it extra shiny?

Just buff the nail super smooth so it is flawless before painting, as red cream enamel showes up any imperfections.............then give the nails the best paint job you have ever done, perfect cuticle lines, perfect edge finish, tidy up any uneven edges with a brush dipped in Nailfresh and off ya go.............
HTH

Well my Company Red arrived this morning (ordered it following all the recommendations). It is lovely but is seems to be a pearlised colour. Is this appropriate for competitions? I thought they had to be cream only.

Help!!

Saw a lovely red varnish advertised in a Sunday supplement yesterday, Red Bus by Chanel but I bet it's expensive !

We was advised by our tutor at Loughton to use company red for competitions
HTH

glynis said:
Well my Company Red arrived this morning (ordered it following all the recommendations). It is lovely but is seems to be a pearlised colour. Is this appropriate for competitions? I thought they had to be cream only.

Help!!
Company red does have a bit of a pearly shimmer, i use candy apple, it's the same colour without the shimmer,
love Paula xx

Latest posts

Back