Best soak off builder gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sav_1

Reaction score
Hi
Just wanting to find out which soak off gels are good to buy[emoji4] x

Have you tried Iz Gel? :)

Nope where can you buy this?

Last edited:
It's available from Izabelle Hammon Ltd but if you wanted to send me over your details via email I can arrange for a sample to be sent out to you :)
My email is [email protected]

x

I would like to know if there is a difference with Iz gel compared to calgel, I like calgel because of the way it is good for you nails eg(Calgel allows air and moisture to pass through the layers of the gel so nails do not become dehydrated, flaky or brittle over time.) taken from website, does Iz gel work the same or not, would like to know before I place my next order as not sure what gel to order, have used Iz gel but found it takes longer to remove, but like the fact it can be used with led lamp and no yellowing, not that I have had much of a problem with that as yet.

Yes big difference but better to get official reply from the manufacturer rather email Alison directly

Yes big difference but better to get official reply from the manufacturer rather email Alison directly
Thank you nailpod, will try and speak with them this week as I have an order ready so will phone it through.

Hi Ladies,

One of the main differences is that Iz Gel is less porous than Calgel. It still allows gases to pass through but gives a stronger, harder finish. This is why its perfect for troublesome clients & also why it takes a little longer to soak off. I would stick with your Calgel clear for the majority of your clients and if you need some extra security, use your Iz Gel!

Hope that helps!

Alison :)

Hi Ladies,

One of the main differences is that Iz Gel is less porous than Calgel. It still allows gases to pass through but gives a stronger, harder finish. This is why its perfect for troublesome clients & also why it takes a little longer to soak off. I would stick with your Calgel clear for the majority of your clients and if you need some extra security, use your Iz Gel!

Hope that helps!

Alison :)
Thank you Alison, I was hoping to ring today but was stuck at work, so I should really have both gels in and keep the IZ for the clients with problem nails eg, very thin, heavy handed etc people who tend to have more problems with lifting. I never experienced problems with Calgel just afraid of the yellowing that can happen, not that I have experienced that, but I dont do that much at the moment, just taking the plunge now to really advertise as work commitments a lot quieter. Will hopefully ring tomorrow as I have seen the new autumn collection and really love the colours so want to pre order.:)

Why not try TOPGEL by Calgel it's 3.5g and basically like a buff off sealant I have a LOT of Indian ladies who all eat with their hands and this product was a game changer for me as I used to actually tell them to use acrylic instead bcox Calgel was terrible it turned yellow immediately and you know the clients I deal with will DEMAND and refund or new set FREE so to avoid this I used TOPGEL now and problems have gone away.
Plus this actually keeps the shine for the entire full set of nails and is led or uv setting as well.

I would keep one of each if I was you. It's not like hey expire!! They have to have expiry date on due to regulations but I literally have pots from when I bought my salon from a pre existing salon that when Calgel was made in GLASS pots and guess what they are 100% fine ! Some colours I have are 20years OLD and I have some which are 12 years old and they kept dark cupboard cool temp and they perfect.
That's why I like this brand it flipping is good quality and works!

Why not try TOPGEL by Calgel it's 3.5g and basically like a buff off sealant I have a LOT of Indian ladies who all eat with their hands and this product was a game changer for me as I used to actually tell them to use acrylic instead bcox Calgel was terrible it turned yellow immediately and you know the clients I deal with will DEMAND and refund or new set FREE so to avoid this I used TOPGEL now and problems have gone away.
Plus this actually keeps the shine for the entire full set of nails and is led or uv setting as well.

I would keep one of each if I was you. It's not like hey expire!! They have to have expiry date on due to regulations but I literally have pots from when I bought my salon from a pre existing salon that when Calgel was made in GLASS pots and guess what they are 100% fine ! Some colours I have are 20years OLD and I have some which are 12 years old and they kept dark cupboard cool temp and they perfect.
That's why I like this brand it flipping is good quality and works!

Hi nailpod, I have looked on their website and cant find TOPGEL could this be the topcoats we would use and brush on after like a polish as I cant find any that are led or uv set. Not sure if you mean the Get Plumped:Gel Effect Top Coat. If so it does not mention on the website about led or uv setting. If this is the one then I will order some as I have to place my order as my bulbs need replacing. thanks :)

Oh um no Google topgel by cal-mo
They the manufacturers I suprised that UK hasn't brought that product in as it was launched world wide to my knowledge a few months ago.
Perhaps call them and ask.
It's not a polish it a hard gel almost and applies very thinly over the nails.

Latest posts

Back