best treatment for dry skin with ingrained dirt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundial

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had a lady ask me today what I could do to help her hands and nails, she is always outside working with horses and has very dry and chapped skin aroun d her hands and nails, she said she finds it very difficult to get all the dirt out of her skin and now uses bleach to remove it:Scared: , I think probably a paraffin wax hand treatment may be the best but I don't offer that, would a spa manicure help? and if any body has any hints on what would benefit her on a daily basis I would be most grateful:hug:

sundial said:
Hi everyone, I had a lady ask me today what I could do to help her hands and nails, she is always outside working with horses and has very dry and chapped skin aroun d her hands and nails, she said she finds it very difficult to get all the dirt out of her skin and now uses bleach to remove it:Scared: , I think probably a paraffin wax hand treatment may be the best but I don't offer that, would a spa manicure help? and if any body has any hints on what would benefit her on a daily basis I would be most grateful:hug:
i tell you what is good solar manicure.
it has exfoliating granules in it ans is ultr moisturising at the same time...she pop a dolopp on her hands and give them a good scrub whilst moisturising at the same time
not the same thing but like swaufeager in texture but gorgeous moisturising and smells devign

What about the Ezflow spa manicure this is really nice!

Caz xxx

My mam has very dry skin on her hands and she finds it hard to get the dirt out of her skin too, I used an idea someone on here gave me. Mixed sugar into some almond oil and massaged it into her hands. The sugar scrubs off dead skin and dirt and the oil softens and moisturises the skin. I rinsed it off with warm water and soap-free hand wash and she was amazed!!!!

Oh and it leaves your own hands lovely and soft too, so killing 2 birds with one stone!

harvey said:
My mam has very dry skin on her hands and she finds it hard to get the dirt out of her skin too, I used an idea someone on here gave me. Mixed sugar into some almond oil and massaged it into her hands. The sugar scrubs off dead skin and dirt and the oil softens and moisturises the skin. I rinsed it off with warm water and soap-free hand wash and she was amazed!!!!

Oh and it leaves your own hands lovely and soft too, so killing 2 birds with one stone!
This sounds interesting, how much sugar etc do you use to make this, I think I will try this on hubby tonight and see how it goes, thank you x

well i dont measure it, i just pour a bit of almond oil in a bowl and put about a teaspoon of sugar in so its like a paste, not too dry and not runny. Does that make sense? Lol, sorry for being so rubbish! I have used this on my hubby too and he loved it!

harvey said:
well i dont measure it, i just pour a bit of almond oil in a bowl and put about a teaspoon of sugar in so its like a paste, not too dry and not runny. Does that make sense? Lol, sorry for being so rubbish! I have used this on my hubby too and he loved it!
Makes loads a sense lol, thanks for this x

sundial said:
Makes loads a sense lol, thanks for this x

no bother - let me know how you get on x x

I would also go for the solar manicure, contains dead sea salts, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil and rice bran oil. If my clients have really dry hands then I dont get them to wash the product off after the exfoliation, I just dust off the excess dead sea salts and leave the oils to penetrate deep into the skin. This is a product you could retail to the client and as she is working outdoors in this cold weather I would also recommend that you retail her the solar butter.
David

Jaydee said:
I would also go for the solar manicure, contains dead sea salts, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil and rice bran oil. If my clients have really dry hands then I dont get them to wash the product off after the exfoliation, I just dust off the excess dead sea salts and leave the oils to penetrate deep into the skin. This is a product you could retail to the client and as she is working outdoors in this cold weather I would also recommend that you retail her the solar butter.
David
Thanks, I have just ordered some solar butter today so I will recommend that when I see her, is the spa manicure products just as good because I have this with heated mitts?

When I had my own horse i used to make sure that when I came in of the fields I gave my hands a good slathering of what ever cream I was using, I love solar butter, then popped on the washing up gloves and washed up in very hot water, by the time the gloves came of my hands were soft enough for the sugar and almond oil to work into the skin and get that ingrained stuff out.
I've got a riding instructor geting married in May and I've got her started on this now.

I heard a good tip on a gardening prog, for keeping your nails clean. Before you go out to do some gardening, scrape your nails along a bar of soap. When you've finished, just was your hands as normal and the dry soap will have kept behind the nails nice and clean. Voila!

Thanks for all your ideas, going to try them all! I will let you know how I get on:wink2:

harvey said:

My Granny does the same but using Olive oil and salt, she also uses Lemon juice to whiten the tips of her nails if they are discoloured. Not what I would recommend but at 85 her hands are looking pretty good!
HTH
KxXx

nemotail said:
My Granny does the same but using Olive oil and salt, she also uses Lemon juice to whiten the tips of her nails if they are discoloured. Not what I would recommend but at 85 her hands are looking pretty good!
HTH
KxXx

i was going to say sea salt / rock salt and any oil !

good old granny nemo

i would recommend solar butter its just beautiful wel i think it is :green:

nemotail said:
HTH
KxXx

Thank you for this tip - it works beautifully. I have just come home from dragging my very dirty horse in from the field. My hands are so soft now - softer that they have been since before I got Majik!

Glad its worked for you Foxglove, it is such a good fix for dry hands - instantly effective.
KxXx

i would do a solar manicure and get the client to use solar butter every day as its an intense moisturizer

Latest posts

Back