Best treatment for nail biters?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corn_pops

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I need your advice and help :rolleyes: , I have a client wich is an extreme nail biter, her nails are very very short. She refuses to use acrylics nails since it doesn,t last more than a week on her, and that,s a reason why I also refuse to do acrylics on nail biters. I am thinking, to do weekly manicure on this client and put gelish nail polish on her, will this work? does gel polish can be a treatment for a nail biter? or it won,t last 1 week like acrylics?, I,m asking since we cannot "cap" the edges on short nails, maybe gel polish won,t last either.

What treatment do you choose on extremely nail biters that last at least 15 days?

I've used gel polish on nails biters with success or try an acrylic overlay on her natural nail :) I would definitely reccomend regular manicures especially if she bites the skin x

Thanks Jordon.

And does gelish gel polish last on extreme nail biters more than 10 days? or does it starts to chip (since we cannot cap the edges) :Scared: . I want to offer her weekly manicures, but gelish gel polish that at least last for 15 days without any inconvenience :wink2:

I had tried acrylics overlay before on nail biters without success :( (before 10 days 1 or 2 nails fall). So, I was thinking of doing an overlay but with sculpture gel and put gelish gel polish over it...will it last?.

My daughter used to be a nail biter, I would do her nails every 7-10 days until she got a free edge (approx 5/6 weeks) then I done 2 weekly applications.

Maybe you could do a block booking of maybe 5/6 treatments for a reduced price.

There is a fingernail fixer video on you tube I have added the link, it's a great tutorial on how to polish short or bitten nails. HTH X

http://youtu.be/_uitk0MVwXg

I've used CND Shellac and Gelish on extreme nail biters before and it lasts as long as they don't pick it off! One of nine went from biting to picking! Lol. I also used Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel for extra strength at the start of her treatments and continue to use IBX to help repair damage and grow length. Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418944259.521937.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418944323.061040.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418944232.753974.jpg

So, if I choose to use clear gel builder to sculpt a biter nail and after use gelish it probably will work :) since I found hard gel to adhere more to the natural nail than acrylic :rolleyes: , I guess i will give it a try, it can work.

Latest posts

Back