Best way to take photos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savvi

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Any tips / best way to take photos of nails to add to social media etc? Enhancements etc to make them look really good?

Good lighting is key!

Good light, preferably a white light is super important. :) Take the photo close up, not too far away. Nobody needs to see the whole arm, just the hand/fingers with the nails as focus is great. Crop if needed. As for poses, it's useful to try different ones. However, I would avoid spreading the fingers too far.
Take a look at the article here. At the bottom, it gives you several examples of unflattering poses and flattering poses.

https://www.scratchmagazine.co.uk/blog/simply-salon-nails-photographing-your-nail-work/

Good luck :)

Use a daylight lamp and a ring light! I got both from Amazon and both are electric and make a huge difference to my photos. I’ve attached 2 photos they are clear enough to see the glitter particles.
Ask clients to keep their fingers together and straight then you work around that and don’t be rushed.
Good luck!
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG

Latest posts

Back