Bio Sculpture cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshlas

Reaction score
Hi just wanted some opinions on bio gels after day 4 on holiday my nails looked as though they had surface cracks this was on a white glitter nail and now on day 5 onwards my coral glitter nails have surface cracks the nail still feels smooth and the white nails have a grey looking tinge on the end of nail should I have experiencedthis so soon??

Hi,

I'm by no means an expert, however I do practice and use Bio Gel. I found this happens when I do French nails; it's just the top gel coat that tends to become cracked and discoloured. If you lightly buff the top layer of your gel nails with a fine file it should get rid of the cracks and discolouration. Once buffed and you're happy apply a normal topcoat. You will need to keep reapplying the topcoat however each week until your next appointment. I'm not 100% certain that this is the issue with your nails without seeing them, but it might be worth a try.

Hope this helps :)

Hi,

I'm by no means an expert, however I do practice and use Bio Gel. I found this happens when I do French nails; it's just the top gel coat that tends to become cracked and discoloured. If you lightly buff the top layer of your gel nails with a fine file it should get rid of the cracks and discolouration. Once buffed and you're happy apply a normal topcoat. You will need to keep reapplying the topcoat however each week until your next appointment. I'm not 100% certain that this is the issue with your nails without seeing them, but it might be worth a try.

Hope this helps :)
Thank you I'll give that a try

You should call the salon who did them for you and ask their advise. They SHOULD have explained that you need to apply the take home top coat every few days and change it using acetone free polish remover to keep white nails white as the colour from your clothing etc will transfer to your white nails. This happens with any white nails BUT bio sculpture is a soft gel meaning the product itself is more porus which is why white can seeming stain.

Do not file the free edge of your gel nails as you can break the seal and they will lift.

Buffing over the top coat is a good idea however it depends on what top coat your technician used and was it the S gel. Meaning the bio gel is softer and gentler on your actual nails so as your nails flex and move (which is normal) the gel moves with it.
Using a top coat which a harder texture , to keep shine longer and to help resist colour transfer can in some cases with movement create micro cracks on the surface and when dirt or so gets on the top they noticeable.
Again to avoid this the therapist should have told you to remove your polish coat and re apply a topcoat uv protector (purple or blue in colour) .
Doing this helps you get the maximum out of your manicure :)

Have a good holiday x

Latest posts

Back