Bio Sculpture using tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjfoy27

Reaction score
I've using bio sculpture for overlays for a few years. I wanted to use it with tip as I hate the sculpts. But I keep hearing how it's not good to use with tips? I seem to come across a lot of salons that use it for tip and get on fine. Does anyone use it and have any tips, and does it last?

Thanks

Hi there,

Bio is a bit hit and miss when it comes to tips. Bio seems to keep changing their mind when it comes to tips and one minute they are telling you its fine to use them others not.

I don't use tips with Bio so I can't help, however you are better off posting this in the Salon Geek Bio Sculpture group and I'm sure someone will answer you on there!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Hi it is not that the Bio team do not like tips it is that natural nails do not like tips and Bio is all about looking after the natural nail.
So the best way to protect the natural nail is to apply a layer of clear gel first then remove the sticky layer and then with the soft grey sponge buff over area where tip will be glued onto.
Or apply your tip as normal
1st layer is clear gel
2nd layer is S Gel to build upper arch and to balance out the weight of the plastic tip. Remove sticky layer then buff if you need to shape the nail.
Next apply your French -- Pink, white and S gel last. Wipe over with Bio Nail polish remover for shine
OR
Colour x 2 then S Gel. wipe over with Bio Nail polish remover for shine.
Refill in 2 weeks, it may take 2 refill for natural nails to be the length client wants before soak off.
Please make sure your tips are well applied no air bubbles in glue, and tip is the correct size for the nail, also be careful not to buff on natural nail when blending tips. All the best.:)

Latest posts

Back