Biosculpture - bad for nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonKaren

Reaction score
Last year I discovered Biosculpture! The chain Nails Inc were doing them so I had them done about 5 or 6 times and I did love them, great colours, long lasting, dry straight away, I really thought I had found the holy grail. However everytime they removed the polish my nails looked so dry, I was a bit :irked:.

Anyway I took a break and my nails looked bad, I've always had good healthy nails and used cuticle oil on them so I was a bit miffed. Nails Inc told me that Biosculpture did not damage your nails, was organic blah blah blah......so why did my nails look so bad?

I haven't had Biosculpture done in ages now and my nails look good again.

What are your opinions? Would be really interested to know of your experiences?

Last year I discovered Biosculpture! The chain Nails Inc were doing them so I had them done about 5 or 6 times and I did love them, great colours, long lasting, dry straight away, I really thought I had found the holy grail. However everytime they removed the polish my nails looked so dry, I was a bit :irked:.

Anyway I took a break and my nails looked bad, I've always had good healthy nails and used cuticle oil on them so I was a bit miffed. Nails Inc told me that Biosculpture did not damage your nails, was organic blah blah blah......so why did my nails look so bad?

I haven't had Biosculpture done in ages now and my nails look good again.

What are your opinions? Would be really interested to know of your experiences?

Hi the dryness of your nails was probably the acetone used to remove the bio sculpture. I do biosculpture and calgel and all my ladies nails are in excellent condition underneath, as with all the other products I use. Lots of cuticle oil is good for nails, can be used with all nail enhancements

Hi... The whole organic thing is tosh....its a sales pitch.

Here is a quote from Geeg

ALL nail systems are organic! Organic simply means something contains carbon. ALL nail systems contain carbon.

Organic does not mean some thing is natural or pure or clean or sanitary or that it contains no chemicals etc etc etc.

Cow poop is organic and apart from being natural, it is none of the other things above ... very rich in carbon. YOU are organic too

Bio is a good gel and very popular but too much soaking off can lead to dry nails..

Thanks Bagpuss and alibut - I feel lots clearer about it now!

Nails Inc used to soak my fingers in the acetone and then scrape the polish off - is this correct? I used to use cuticle oil also (a Nails Inc one) but they still got soooo dry!

Bio Sculpture have their own Gel Remover which although contains acetone, is not as harsh and drying as 100% acetone can be.

That said, following removal of Bio gels or any nail system which isn't re-applied immediately, this should be followed up with lashings of cuticle oil to condition and/or strenghten natural nails.

Biosculpture does not cause any damage to your nails. The same can be said for any reputable nail system. Damage can be caused with any system if they are applied or removed incorrectly or using harsh methods, but it is not the Biosculpture itself that causes damage

THIS NEXT COMMENT IS MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL OPINION: I do not like Nails Inc. My personal experience is that they apply questionable practices. If you like the Biosculpture but didnt like how your nails underneath ended up I would strongly recommend that you look for another tech who offers Biosculpture, dont rule it out, give it a chance with another tech who can place as much importance on the health of your natural nail as they do on the finish of the enhancement.

THIS NEXT COMMENT IS MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL OPINION: I do not like Nails Inc. My personal experience is that they apply questionable practices. If you like the Biosculpture but didnt like how your nails underneath ended up I would strongly recommend that you look for another tech who offers Biosculpture, dont rule it out, give it a chance with another tech who can place as much importance on the health of your natural nail as they do on the finish of the enhancement.

You know what....I agree! I have found them to be very hit and miss!! I now go to either a local salon or the OPI nail bar in Selfridges - both of which are excellent but they do not offer biosculpture so I may try it somewhere else and see how I get on.

Thanks for the tips ladies!!!!

Biosculpture make many promises, but i've NEVER seen than back it up with anything.

Many product applications are quite gentle and I can't see why Biosculpture woud be any differrent or any better.

If anything, due to misleading information given to clients, they think they can just peel them off (this tends to shred the nailplate).

I'd really like to see Biosculpture back up some of thier promises, but it all seems to be about sales, rather than education or knowhow.

I will stand corrected, but up until now it's all been hype and tripe.

I have used Bio and cant knock its adhesion...lifting was never an issue....soaking off is quick and easy, but MY clients didn't like the soaking off every other visit. They also where used to my buff off gels that are hard...and with Bio my clients didn't like that their nails could still bend....there is alot of flexibility with Bio gels.

It was great for anyone with a short nail wanting a NNO...but didn't work for me on anyone who wanted length or already had length.

Nailzoo - one of my friends once peeled her nails and her nails did look dry underneath....I was worried that she was peeling the top layer of nail off:eek:

Nailzoo - one of my friends once peeled her nails and her nails did look dry underneath....I was worried that she was peeling the top layer of nail off:eek:

Karen you are right, if you peel Biosculpture nails off, you will peel nailplate off with it, just like you would with any other type of nail enhancement. Personally I think Biosculpture is an excellent product (and I speak as a tech who has trained in Biosculpture and uses it regularly), but it isnt the miracle maintenance free product that some people believe it to be, it's a gel at the end of the day! Provided you have these nails done by a tech who is properly trained and who uses safe working practices you shouldnt find that you have any problems with your natural nails. Have you tried ringing Biosculpture for details of your nearest Biosculpture salon?

i have worked with both bio sculpture and calgel and find they are both very good if you can't find a salon that does bio give calgel a try they have quite a good selection of colours also xxxx:hug:

Hi... The whole organic thing is tosh....its a sales pitch.

Here is a quote from Geeg

ALL nail systems are organic! Organic simply means something contains carbon. ALL nail systems contain carbon.

Organic does not mean some thing is natural or pure or clean or sanitary or that it contains no chemicals etc etc etc.

Cow poop is organic and apart from being natural, it is none of the other things above ... very rich in carbon. YOU are organic too

Bio is a good gel and very popular but too much soaking off can lead to dry nails..

DITTO DITTO DITTO:!:
In my experience, BAD techs with BAD methods damage nails, as does MMA, and clients who abuse their nails.

BUT having said that, and I can't do more than offer my opinion, I personally have ZERO respect for companies that make claims such as "A nail treatment to strengthen and condition natural nails" (which is a direct quote from the biosculpture gel site) with regards to their uv gel. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP:!: Or how about "Add length naturally"?????? (another direct quote)
The ONLY way to add length naturally is to GROW THEM without any enhancements on them. PERIOD.:rolleyes:

UV Gel is NOT going to condition or strengthen the actual nail itself any more than a hair shampoo can repair split ends. UV Gel can NOT change the molecules/cells or etc that the nail is made up of.
It will protect the nail and add support. That's it:!:

With regards to "organic"... lots of things are organic and bad for you. Heck, would you roll around naked in poison ivy as a 'skin treatment' because it was organic? Or how about a crazy new diet trend, lose 50lbs eating dog doodoo... that's organic:grr:

After having been 'taken in' by another uv gel company that made the very same claims, and I've learned better since....... I absolutely hate to see that sort of thing and hear of it... aggravates me to no end.

So... as for the dryness... inclined to think they are soaked too often.

hth's

Hey V, check out this website if you want to see a real load! en Vogue Nail System Inc., look under application and then the question section. What they are doing is illegal in Canada and could net them jail time. They actually claim that they have a product that can repair natural nail damage from acrylic products. Common sense dictates that if you lose a layer of your nail, their product isn't going to miraculously put it back on! They also state that all other products on the market (gels included) are toxic.

:lol:
You KNOW that I have to look, now, don't you?
And you KNOW it's going to do my nut in, and I'll have to fire off an angry letter ROFL.....
Off to peek... and cringe....:irked:

Latest posts

Back