Bleach or high lift cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joblondie

Reaction score
Please can someone explain the difference between high lift creams and bleach ? I have highlights in my hair always had bleach done at my hairdressers I have changed hair dressers and she said they do not use bleach but this high lift creme is this better for my hair ??? Thanks in advance

It's two different products. Trust your stylists choice.
If you're happy with the result, and your hair is still healthy, it shouldn't matter what your stylist uses.

Please can someone explain the difference between high lift creams and bleach ? I have highlights in my hair always had bleach done at my hairdressers I have changed hair dressers and she said they do not use bleach but this high lift creme is this better for my hair ??? Thanks in advance

I would be concerned about a salon that 'doesn't use bleach' as a matter of course. Some 'old school' stylists still believe that bleach is damaging and aren't very au fait with modern formulas.

Highlifts are essentially a lightener plus toner in one product and work best on hair that is naturally blonde. However, they are usually mixed with a higher strength peroxide than required when highlighting with a bleach based solution.

Assuming that your new hairdresser has worked out what will give the best results for your requirements, perhaps let them give it a try?

Latest posts

Back