"Blinging up Baby" tonight @9 on c5

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg the hooters dance made me feel sick. That's down right wrong. The fact the judge just have her a prize for doing that is absolutely vile. Mabye some one should investigate who these "judges" are. Sickening and extremely sad. X

Omg, you all should see Katie Hopkins' tweets about this show, I don't normally like the woman but tonight I do!

xXx

The amount they spend on these pagents is huge! And all they have to show for it afterwards is a pretty dress and a daughter who thinks that looking good is a priority in life. I'd much rather spend my spare money (what little I have!) on my daughters education and extra activities so that she can grow up with new skills and an appreciation for things in life other than looks and beauty. She is worth more than that.
Of course, some lucky parents can afford to do both with their children, good for them but I still wouldn't do the pagents if I could do. Some of it seems a bit sexualised for 4/5 year olds and its turning my stomach. Hooters costume with on the floor hip thrusts? No thank you.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using SalonGeek mobile app

Would you give a baby a dummy that you'd glued a load of crystals onto?

While Im definitely against the beauty treatments on young girls... the spray tans and stuff made me angry, and there's absolutely no way I'd dress my kid's up like that...I do think that at least they are all clean and well fed and loved.

The spray tan was terrible! She has no idea she is covering her young daughter head to toe in chemicals!! So wrong and so clueless x

Yes there is that Charlistar, id rather see a child with make up and a spray tan with a loving parent than a neglected child with no love. That thought makes me very very sad :-(

Yes there is that Charlistar, id rather see a child with make up and a spray tan with a loving parent than a neglected child with no love. That thought makes me very very sad :-(

These children are neglected to a degree - from having a playful fun childhood.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow! I was speechless after seeing this programme. The baby 'dripping in gold' was ridiculous, I think the mum did pay for the spray tans because the therapist said 'why shouldn't people on benefits be able to have a spray tan'. I thoughf it was all very strange, especially the mum with the girls who do pageants. I felt so sorry for her girls because she was so pushy. When they were having a 'photoshoot' in the park and it was cold and windy and the poor girls were in dresses while mum was wrapped up in jeans, boots and a coat I just felt so sorry for the kids. The hooters routine was vile, she said it was a controlled environment and only ticket holders could get in but it has just been aired to the UK! Not so controlled then is it! I could go on and on........

These children are neglected to a degree - from having a playful fun childhood.

I think the one in the hooters costume and her sister definitely seem to be...That mom made me the angriest actually cause she was forcing them to do thigns they really didnt want to.
The other kids all seemed perfectly content... The blonde girl even said she was doing it now cause if her kid turns round and says she wants to be a tomboy then it would be all over, which I have a bit of respect for. Princess and precious both looked like they were loving it, so while its deifnetely not ok to be tanning small children and putting nails on them, it didnt look against their will.

I watched this woman being interviewed yesterday morning by Eammon Holmes. When he asked her what she did for a living and she said
"Butee Verapisst" I just wanted to crawl under the sofa.
She couldnt even pronounce Beauty Therapy let alone perfom it.

It really makes me cringe!

All totally sub intelligent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think everyone on this thread is very rude! AND you all sound jealous!

Lets see your children and your life and the way you speak discussed by people all over the nation! So what if some of the people had strong eye brows and dark tans? I never saw them talking about how ugly and boring some people are wearing trainers and boring jeans/t-shirt everyday with their unwashed hair doing the school run! (Don't even get me stated of un-brushed children's hair in the playground)

So what if people like to (SHOCK HORROR!) actually look nice! I take pride in my appearance so why shouldn't children? Looking presentable and clean are important attributes children should learn from a young age.

I really enjoyed the show, I did disagree with the spray tans and the hooters outfit but I thought everything else was fine. I loved seeing all the 'gone with the wind' dresses and the accessories, I cant wait till I have children so I can spoil them just like those ladies on the show! I love bling and sparkle and being a girly girl!

I personally think everyone on this thread is very rude! AND you all sound jealous!

Lets see your children and your life and the way you speak discussed by people all over the nation! So what if some of the people had strong eye brows and dark tans? I never saw them talking about how ugly and boring some people are wearing trainers and boring jeans/t-shirt everyday with their unwashed hair doing the school run! (Don't even get me stated of un-brushed children's hair in the playground)

So what if people like to (SHOCK HORROR!) actually look nice! I take pride in my appearance so why shouldn't children? Looking presentable and clean are important attributes children should learn from a young age.

I really enjoyed the show, I did disagree with the spray tans and the hooters outfit but I thought everything else was fine. I loved seeing all the 'gone with the wind' dresses and the accessories, I cant wait till I have children so I can spoil them just like those ladies on the show! I love bling and sparkle and being a girly girl!

I rest my case!

If I saw the little girl with the spray tan on the street I'd be concerned for her health. She looked jaundiced!

They put themselves out there so yes people will talk.
Most people on this thread have said like yourself it was the spray tan and hooters outfit that shocked.
Even when that little girl was on the sea front in the cold her mum saying oh sexy! Not something I'd be saying to a little girl, plus that's the same little girl that turned around and said bitch to her mum.
I loved dressing my little girl up but still so she could play, if she had the mr T jewellery that young girl had on when she was that age I can guarantee other baby's would wNt to pull it out.
As for spray tans I don't even have them because of the chemicals never mind a toddler having them.

Ok I'm definitely not jealous. I have no kids nor do I want any. I buy my god daughter beautiful frilly dresses etc but I would not spray tan her, or have her dripping in massive gold earrings or give her a dummy with gems stuck on.
I love bling and sparkle but not tack.
The eyebrows I referred to were horrendous. They did not look pretty.
If my clients tans came out like that I would be gutted.
It's a forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion without being called rude or jealous. They have put themselves in the public eye and are open to criticism.
I think it's inappropriate for a toddler to be grinding, calling themselves sexy and being caked in makeup.
Again, my opinion.

Sent from the catphone

Just watching it now and omg! They look ill with them spray tans!!

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

There is nothing wrong with taking pride in your appearance, I wish people would do it more often (and yes I completely agree with unbrushed hair etc) but with the pressure some of those girls were put under (except Princess & Precious who clearly loved it all) I found it difficult to watch. The one mum didn't seem to care how her children felt, she just wanted them to win the biggest crown and got all moody when her youngest came 2nd. That is terrible behaviour from a mother towards her daughter. As for the spray tans and make up, I don't agree with children that young having them, simple as that. As for the one mum yes I complained about her patchy tan, it was awful, that doesn't make me jealous that's just me stating a fact. Children wearing jewellery doesn't bother me as much, but when you can clearly see a child with an irritated and sore ear the decent thing to do would be to remove the earring until the redness etc has gone.
If anybody doesn't like what I say, then don't read it. They are my views and opinions, simples!! :D

xXx

Can someone possibly point me in the direction of anyone that took pride in their appearance on this show! The majority looked utterly ridiculous. .Kids included.

Exactly how it was meant to be portrayed. No one would watch the programme if they behaved and looked average. That's the whole idea of these shows... Apart from benefit Street Southampton coming soon .. That's a given.

Latest posts

Back