Booking/accounting system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quiche

Reaction score
Hi.
I may be asking for too much but I feel that I am duplicating too much of my paperwork!!

I am after a system (pref Cloud based) that I can enter my clients details and their sales and print off a list of my income each week.

I would also like to link it to mailchimp and as I may decide to offer online bookings in the future have the ability to do this which also like to google calender as we use this as a family!

If any of you lovely geeks could recommend something (oh and I don't won't to pay too much!!!!) it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Lauraine

Hi,

We use Kashflow. It's mainly an accounting system but it's great. Holds all client info, sales, purchases etc. Can submit tax returns at click of a button if you link it to HMRC gateway. My Accountant has accountants access to check everything over. Can't recommend it enough. They do a free trial I believe where you don't need to enter your card details or anything - http://kf.cm/YQJHaw

I have a booking system that isn't cloud based (thank goodness) and an accounting system that is - I use Quickfile which is completely free.

I use Salon Iris for my booking/texts/email lists and so on. Our internet went down last week, for three days, so I was majorly relieved that we were able to continue booking clients in etc, and we could see what we had coming up! Cloud based is great, if your internet works - when it doesn't, you're screwed!!!

Vic x

After months of research i am going with Ovatu for my booking and marketing and already use Quickbooks which links to HMRC and you can also run payroll through it. Very happy with both but do your research and make sure you are not paying for things you dont need or for things such as updates to softwear x

Thank you - I will have a look into each of these.:)

Not to overtake the thread, but I have googled for an hour to no avail. Is there a non cloud based basic accounting system? I basically just want it for my expenses and do not have Internet at the salon. Would ideally like to be able to enter my expenses then at home upload it. Is this even possible?
Or should I just stick to an excel spreadsheet?

Not to overtake the thread, but I have googled for an hour to no avail. Is there a non cloud based basic accounting system? I basically just want it for my expenses and do not have Internet at the salon. Would ideally like to be able to enter my expenses then at home upload it. Is this even possible?
Or should I just stick to an excel spreadsheet?
I would probably stick to excel. I run an excel spreadsheet as well which shows me all my incomings and out goings in simple columns broken down into months. Each month totals at the bottom so I can clearly see how we're performing month on month. I like this because I can take it with me on a dongle and use it anywhere.

Vic x

I would probably stick to excel. I run an excel spreadsheet as well which shows me all my incomings and out goings in simple columns broken down into months. Each month totals at the bottom so I can clearly see how we're performing month on month. I like this because I can take it with me on a dongle and use it anywhere.

Vic x
Thanks Vic

Hi.
I may be asking for too much but I feel that I am duplicating too much of my paperwork!!

I am after a system (pref Cloud based) that I can enter my clients details and their sales and print off a list of my income each week.

I would also like to link it to mailchimp and as I may decide to offer online bookings in the future have the ability to do this which also like to google calender as we use this as a family!

If any of you lovely geeks could recommend something (oh and I don't won't to pay too much!!!!) it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Lauraine
Hi I use Hive Salon Software which is fully cloud based I find it really good and easy to use. It's also allows me to take payment through my stripe account. Check it out

Hey Lauraine,

Timely is a cloud based booking system that integrates with Xero, Quickbooks and MYOB (all cloud based accounting software)

Let me know if you have any questions about Timely and how we integrate with the above to save heaps of admin time :)

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back