Botox Payment Solution - I really need some help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having a bit of a rough time at the moment over my payment solutions. I set up Paypal website standard and all was going well until it suddenly started to stop the payments.

Apparently it turns out you need the virtual terminal which is £20 a month not the web payments standard (which is free). So, we applied for this but for an unknown reason the application was refused.

So, as an interim solution we contacted our web guy and he built the paypal button into an area of our website as the issue was all the payments coming from my iPad raised the concern it may have been fraudulent because the payal web payments standard is supposed to be used on the customers computer etc so repeated transactions from the same ip address flagged us up. None of this was explained when we set it up or else we wouldn't have done it this way in the first place.

Then it got even worse! Paypal sent me an email PERMANENTLY limiting my account as they felt we were 'selling prescription only medicines' which is against their user agreement. Unfortunately, their decision 'cannot be appealed and is irreversible'! So there is no way for me to contest that we are selling a service not the prescription medicine. It's all a bit ridiculous but I've ended up losing some business over it!

So, my next task is to get a chip an pin machine from card save to stop all the messing about. However, I'm worried they may have a similar issue with us?!

Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone else in the botox/fillers industry have a chip and pin machine?! It's really beginning to stress me out!

OMG, what a nightmare. I can't answer your questions but how ridiculous of PayPal to do that!

I hope you can find your answers x

I'd call several companies to check terms. I'm with 123send but have looked at Streamline and Barclays for my renewal in August ... not decided which yet.

Mat

Got a meeting with cardsave on Friday! They don't think it will be an issue! Fingers crossed!

My credit rating is not the best :rolleyes: but had no problems with cardsave.
As long as you have a business bank account this then enables you to then get a merchant number and hey presto!

I use Barclays and get discount on card transaction % thro n.h.f :)

Should be getting all sited at 4.30 today... Can't wait!

Just letting you know lots of people say cardsave are great until you try and leave at the end of your contract and can't get out at all even if you have given the so many days notice, I had a rep from cardsave come to me a while ago and got out off by all the bad reviews, google cardsave reviews aswell not a good word said about them, search card save on here and you'll see what people have said. Xxx

Ok, well I'm not the type of person to take ANY form of bad service whatsoever!

Any hint of messing around and I'll be on it! In the past week I managed to get £1000 back off a dodgy window company who tried to fleece my nan, got £150 refund plus £25 as an apology from BT and got three years width if erroneous charges refunded from orange for my mum!

My friends say I should take over Martin Lewis!

Ok, well I'm not the type of person to take ANY form of bad service whatsoever!

Any hint of messing around and I'll be on it! In the past week I managed to get £1000 back off a dodgy window company who tried to fleece my nan, got £150 refund plus £25 as an apology from BT and got three years width if erroneous charges refunded from orange for my mum!

My friends say I should take over Martin Lewis!

Right, if Harvey's don't get their finger out and deliver my sofas next week I'm setting you on the case!

Haha oh yes! I managed to get a refund from DFS after we changed our mind from an apparently 'unrefundable' contract... Know all the tricks!

But my greatest success was getting £3.5k of interest back off Lloyds TSB after I realised they'd made a slight mistake in the way they charged me interest!

:-O Botox boy.. You must share your secrets!!

Yesterday I spent all day on the phone to JMC mobile and O2 as last week I received a call from someone posing to be from O2 business saying that my contract was due to expire and that I could upgrade. (this is the case and I knew this). I explained that I wanted to hold out until the new iPhone came out before upgrading, he said that was fine and in the mean time would drop my tariff down to a sim only tariff (half the price) as my contract was due to end and therefore my current handset was now paid off.. Within this week, I received a contract through the post which was asking me to sign and return it in order to move to the sim only tariff, which would allow me to upgrade at anytime during the contract. I hadn't signed nor returned it as my current handset has since broken so I called o2 and asked if I could not sign and return the contract I had been sent but instead, just upgrade my phone now to the latest iPhone 4s because my phone has broken and I am in need of a phone now and cannot wait until the release of the new one!.. I was then diverted to JMC mobile as I was told my O2 account was now inactive!! .. JMC told me that my new contract had started yesterday and that I could upgrade but the handset would cost me £120 and the monthly charge would be £42 + vat!! I said that is more than I have ever paid and on the O2 website it states a new iPhone 4s is available for free on a £37(inc vat) monthly contract!! He said yes, that is more than likely the case but as I have now switched to JMC business, I am not entitled to that! I said hang on a sec, who the blimin hell are JMC? And how could a new contract of started yesterday, when I haven't signed nor returned it to you??? And he said that as I had verbally agreed then that was enough! I was raging on the phone and spent hours arguing with him and 2 managers.. Eventually crying and shouting!! I asked them to cancel everything they had set up with them in my name and they said that was not possible. I said there is a 14 day cooling off period with anything and he said that does not apply as I am now a business customer and that only applies to consumer!

I then contacted O2 who said They should never have claimed to be O2 business as they are not, they are a partner (like Carphone warehouse) who simply sell O2 products! So they have taken a report from me and escalated it as a complaint with them and I have also emailed JMC with my rant but do you have any further advice for me?!?!?

Sorry for the HUGE rant, I am just soooo angry and my whole day yesterday was spent on the phone trying to resolve this! :( xxx

Word of warning, I always recommended Cardsave until they lied to me and tried to charge me alot if money to cancel, despite their agent that comes to the house telling me there's no charge. Google them and see what's happened to a lot of people.

Avoid card save I've had the same issues as above

In a previous business venture I had problems initially with cardsave i.e machine taking weeks to arrive and then not working so i missed all the xmas trade. It got sorted and they gave me 3 months free :) and when i cancelled after the year there was no problem at all

Iconic that's terrible!
Yes if that was Botoxboy he'd get out of that contract, £1500 compensation and a free iPad as a good measure! Lol.

Iconic, try going on Money Saving Expert. Do a search or go on one of the forums telling us what you told us and I'm sure someone would help you.

Also contact Trading Standards as I'm sure they aren't allowed to do this. I feel your pain I would be so upset about this. Stupid companies, Harvey's rang me yesterday to say they will be ringing me to arrange a delivery date for my sofas as they are now in the compound. They better be! Or hell will be let loose! Lol.

But my greatest success was getting £3.5k of interest back off Lloyds TSB after I realised they'd made a slight mistake in the way they charged me interest!

Bloody hell! Lol. Martin, watch your back! You'll be on Loraine next! Lol.

Iconic that's terrible!
Yes if that was Botoxboy he'd get out of that contract, £1500 compensation and a free iPad as a good measure! Lol.

Iconic, try going on Money Saving Expert. Do a search or go on one of the forums telling us what you told us and I'm sure someone would help you.

Also contact Trading Standards as I'm sure they aren't allowed to do this. I feel your pain I would be so upset about this. Stupid companies, Harvey's rang me yesterday to say they will be ringing me to arrange a delivery date for my sofas as they are now in the compound. They better be! Or hell will be let loose! Lol.

Thank you so much for your advice lovebeauty :) .. I will take it on board and go add my story to a forum and see where I get! .. It must be common of JMC to do this as the man at O2 filled in a report labelled "mis-selling by JMC!"
Oo trading standards is a good option for me too. I shall get on the case!
I wish I had the powers of botoxboy though to get so much out of it! It caused me soo much stress yesterday :(

I really hope things work out for you with Harvey's and that you get your new sofas delivered ASAP. Sometimes people make the smallest things in to such huge unnecessary events and it can be so upsetting and distressing :( xxx

Well that is awful and clearly illegal!

Basically, although its a pain and takes time, my secret is to not let them get me off the phone!

There are levels of 'escalation' in their call centres from the basic sales people who called you, to their team manager, their section manager and then the call centre manager.
Never accept their offer to call you back as they never do.
If you get through to a call centre abroad insist you are transferred to a uk one (it's your right as a consumer)

Secondly, ask them directly to escalate your call to their manager specifically. They have to do it,. At the beginning of the call, set the playing field: 'so you're aware, I'm recording this call for evidence, can I take your name and which call centre you're in?'
This will make them nervous straight away.

If their manager isn't helping, demand to escalate up and keep going, don't be fobbed off. I've mentioned getting the police involved before if you have been deceived etc as its illegal.

Next do the same with O2, they also have a legal duty to protect you from these companies and I suspect they are aware if what this company is doing and at the very least should offer you a decent contract as compensation.

My advice overall is NEVER accept 'offers' from salespeople who call you. You have no way of verifying what they are saying.

If this fails, write a letter to the chief executive of both companies outlining what happened and include a section saying: 'in resolution of this matter I now require...' and bullet point a list of things you want them to do and by when.

Hopefully that should be enough but if not, you should go to the telephone regulator.

I think you've got a really strong case.

Latest posts

Back