Brazilian blow dry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm wanting to have a Brazilian blow dry treatment done but just wanted some advice on what to look for so I can go for the best system. One salon in my area do keratin complex and the other kerastraight? Which is best and what's the difference?

Thanks for your help!

To be honest Kate you're probably best googling and doing research on the web, as there are so many on the market now and not one person would be able to tell you about "all" of them, just the systems we use, so I'll tell you about mine.
I use Beox, I would recommend this as I have done stacks of research, this is the second system I've used. Beox contains 0.02% formaldehyde , the legal requirements in the Uk are 0.2%, it can be washed after 24hrs whereas a majority are 3-4 days a massive plus if you suffer from greasey hair.

Well that's mine will leave it upto the other geeks to tell you about theirs.

HTH

Sharon x

Well i personally say Brocato, we have had this system now since Sept and we are loving it, The cost is good, and the big bonus is that it is formaldehyde FREE, the results are great and the hair is superb, so look out for a Brocato salon, we charge from £49.99 to £80.00 for the service and the results last up to 12 weeks.

Hi
We use KeraStraight in our salon it's the new KS Complex formula which was launched at the start of this year. It too is formaldehyde FREE and you also do NOT have to wait three days before washing, putting up etc... I did a lot of research before buying it for my salon and have to say we are very pleased with it and also KeraStraights customer service/technical team. There is some info on my facebook page which you can get to from the link on my website www.cesalon.co.uk hope this helps.

Thank you for the info guys. I was wondering whether one I can wash after 24 hours might be better as 3 days is a long time. I will do some research into the brands mentioned

Thank you for the info guys. I was wondering whether one I can wash after 24 hours might be better as 3 days is a long time. I will do some research into the brands mentioned
The new Kerastraight formula can be washed straight away. You have the treatment done at the salon and as soon as they've finished straightening it, it can be washed. Am having mine done on Thursday-can't wait. I hated leaving it on for 3 days before so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference with washing it straight away!

The new Kerastraight formula can be washed straight away. You have the treatment done at the salon and as soon as they've finished straightening it, it can be washed. Am having mine done on Thursday-can't wait. I hated leaving it on for 3 days before so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference with washing it straight away!

With the new KS complex the salon have to wash and condition your hair AFTER the treatment anyway, then blow dry into style of your choice.

Well i personally say Brocato, we have had this system now since Sept and we are loving it, The cost is good, and the big bonus is that it is formaldehyde FREE, the results are great and the hair is superb, so look out for a Brocato salon, we charge from £49.99 to £80.00 for the service and the results last up to 12 weeks.

Hi, is the Brocato system pretty much the same as all other Brazilian Blow Drys?
Also, that price sounds quite appealing especially since I'm student!
What salon is this? Where about is it located?
Thanks!

I've never heard of this one, sounds good. How long do you have to leave before washing after treatment?
X

I personally would be wondering why it is so cheap....

I am a reasonably priced kerastraight salon and charge between £120 and £150.

Also we include the kerastraight maintain shampoo and conditioner rrp £30 in our pricing

I've had the old kerastraight a while ago. As a consumer I can tell you that it just cut my drying time a little bit. Didn't really see a massive difference. Not £150 worth of difference anyway lol! If it were about £50 I'd have it done regularly just to make drying a bit easier cuz My Hair takes forever to dry so every little helps!

Brocato is a Strong chemical free product which is formeldahyde free !!!!
You can if you want to shampoo your hair after 12 hours of the service if you wish, the results are FAB my personal opinion is to any new user is to have the 6 week service first to see if it is for you, charge is roughly £45.00 and the 12 week service is £79.99 inc Cut and blo dry, it is affordable as you see, the after care range is SUPERB and we love it.

It cant be chemical free. What you mean is it is safe to use. Water is a chemical....

I'm not attacking the product you use I'm just remarking that I wondered why it was a lot cheaper than other semi permanent straightening systems.

My only issue with these Brazilian blow dry products is clients get the impression their hair will be straight. I Market it as "easier to manage" hair.

if you read my post again, in which i dont think u did right, i said STRONG chemical free and formeldahide free, which is VERY dangerous and was the first in the UK to have this, please search Sam brocato on the Web and see his results and work, the training videos are excellent, we buy our stock from rendezvous Derby tel ; 01332 344233 and michael who delas with us is great, there knowledge is superb, we got free training and there is NO min spend you BUY what YOU want.
We market ours as a Smoothing product for straight or curly hair, and the results are amazing

I apologise, I misread your post with the capitals in it etc I think its easily done. I thought you meant it was strong and chemical free and formaldehyde free.

I havent heard of it to be honest but of course will look into it.

To be honest unless the op manages to get an opinion either from a consumer or supplier who has used all the major brands then it will be difficult to get an objective answer. X

oh no worries , all i can say is that we have been using it with a large amount of salons in the Derby area, and it is a big thing here.
It is strong as the customers love the results, and as of the pricing structure they can afford to come more often for the treatment so hence we do more and buy more and everyone is happy.
Do check them out, u will love it

And yes formaldehyde is dangerous if misused!! But as the person who was vouching for beox said the uk legal maximum is 0.2%. I just think you need to explain your point better than saying strong chemical free - where is the boundary of strong and not so strong chemicals? And any product can be VERY dangerous if misused - hydrogen peroxide? Misuse that and you could have horrendous burns.

Hope you don't think I'm being rude I'm just trying to give the op and anyone else using this post for information as much to look into as possible.

oh i know where you are coming from when we had the reps coming in from Beox and GK saying they were the best and all that crap and they were harmless, then we had Brocrato training which mainly appealed to me as the kit was affordable and was Formeldahide free and when we just renewed our insurance it stated to us we must use a Formeldahide free product range so were relieved we made the right choice.
Take care princess

if you read my post again, in which i dont think u did right, i said STRONG chemical free and formeldahide free, which is VERY dangerous and was the first in the UK to have this, please search Sam brocato on the Web and see his results and work, the training videos are excellent, we buy our stock from rendezvous Derby tel ; 01332 344233 and michael who delas with us is great, there knowledge is superb, we got free training and there is NO min spend you BUY what YOU want.
We market ours as a Smoothing product for straight or curly hair, and the results are amazing
hi, I've been reading this thread with interest as my daughter has just had the Beox and it didn't "take" on her hair, although I think it was the way it was applied and not the actual product. Anyway, the Brocato sounds fab but when I googled it it's coming up with all the salons in USA! do you have a web link for uk please and how would I find a salon in Uk?
thanks for your help xxx

Latest posts

Back