Bridal hair help! Urgently needing advice on this very strange situation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
I am studying level one in hairdressing at college, as I was on the bus to college the other day a lady approached me about me doing her hair for her wedding in a few weeks! I had my training block with me which had a bridal style updo (this is the style she wanted), I did explain im not yet qualified but she didnt seem to care, I took her number and said I would contact her, but I dont know what to do!
Surely I shouldnt do it as 1)Im not qualified and 2)I have no insurance, what do you guys think? Im feeling very wary over this!

Any help appreciated :) xxx

hiya why dont you call her and say she must have a trial and remind her that your not qualified as you could use this as experience and by doing a trial see how you feel xx

Great idea I will call tomorrow, dont want to bother her on a sunday, thankyou xx

I would do it for the experience, as said above making her fully aware you are a trainee.
My tutor actively encourages us to practice on real people as well as our blocks. I say go for it! Its good experience for you, helps the confidence building no end!! Xxx

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I am studying level one in hairdressing at college, as I was on the bus to college the other day a lady approached me about me doing her hair for her wedding in a few weeks! I had my training block with me which had a bridal style updo (this is the style she wanted), I did explain im not yet qualified but she didnt seem to care, I took her number and said I would contact her, but I dont know what to do!
Surely I shouldnt do it as 1)Im not qualified and 2)I have no insurance, what do you guys think? Im feeling very wary over this!

Any help appreciated :) xxx

She knows you are a student and still felt she could appraoch you and ask you. Make sure she knows you are not fully qualified.. I would DEFINATLEY do a trial and maybe a couple to make sure you master her wedding do. Its fabulous practise for you and with someone who seems to be happy with someone who is still training. What can you lose by doing a trail before hand? Its practise at the end of the day :) If you decide to go ahead with her hair for her wedding I would get her to sign a contract stating she is aware you are not qualified but still happy for you to perform chargeable (discounted) services on her wedding day. I would not be providing your services free of charge but at a discount that both of you benefit. Explain that you not charge her for her trial (s) but if she is happy with your work, you will give her a qute for her wedding day.... but def have a contract signed :)

I spoke to my tutor at college and she agreed it would be good experience, she had me bring her into the salon for her trial so I had my help at hand if needed and the trial went fine, she even booked in for a cut and colour with a level three! Haha.

We've agreed on £15 for the actual day, im hoping this isnt too much, she seemed pleased with the price xx

I spoke to my tutor at college and she agreed it would be good experience, she had me bring her into the salon for her trial so I had my help at hand if needed and the trial went fine, she even booked in for a cut and colour with a level three! Haha.

We've agreed on £15 for the actual day, im hoping this isnt too much, she seemed pleased with the price xx

£15 is a bargain for a bridal updo! believe me! Most brides come for 2 or 3 trials, plus on the day - so your bride has saved a good bit! go you! hope u post some pics for us to nosey at! x

Latest posts

Back