Bridal spray tanning trials - pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
Ive been trying to come up with new ideas for tanning, I currently charge £20 for a full body and have quite a nice sized client base for spray tans, Ive sprayed a few brides but its always quite scary doing a bride as there are so many things to consider, makeup, photography etc especially if theyve never had one before! Well i went to the sienna x roadshow and Nicky (the founder) spoke about Bridal Trials, id never even thought about doing that before and i LOVE the idea of doing it!

How many of you currently do trials? and how many trials do you do before the actual wedding tan? at the roadshow she spoke about telephone calls to the bride to determine what day she liked the tan best on etc.

I was thinking of doing 3 trials and the actual tan and maybe giving a goodie bag with prep and prolong goodies. Is 3 trials too many??

I know not all brides will want it especially if they get tans anyway but i remember before i got into beauty when my sister got married she was worried how it would look with the makeup and how darker she would be compared to hubby in pictures lol so i think it would work for the tanning newbie! not sure if 3trials + 1 more is too many though?

if i did 4 tans id usually get £80 for it but as i want to do it as a package and make it personalised to them with the follow up phonecalls, goodie bag and basically planning when her "big day tan" should be done etc would you charge more for this service? or less? or the same as usual? i know it may sound like a silly question but id love to know what you would charge or already charge for a service like this? X

I normally just do one trial, usually this is for her hen night. I just charge the same price as I normally would, unless there was a four or more getting it done at the same time - then I offer a discount!

And I do get them to check their tan each day to see when they prefer it for colour! ;-)

I just do one trial - would do more if they want it but generally 1 trial. Advise them to check the colour each day to see when they're favourite is. Also advise them to hold a white or similar coloured piece of material round them, usually a sheet or something so they can get an idea of what their dress will look like against their skin. I charge £20 normally but do £20 for trial and £15 for the wedding tan.

I like the Goodie bag idea, I often think of doing something like this to promote people buying a bulk number of tans in one go. Haven't got further than thoughts just yet tho! Lol.

I think 3 trials is quite alot really, I've never had anyone ask for another trial. However I have only sprayed 4 brides so far.... X

I

Same here, 1 trial usually and I charge £35 for the 2 tans ( Trial and wedding) Paid up front, no refunds. I also offer a bridal tan package tailored to requirements either Bride and groom, bride and bridesmaids, wedding party incl Bride, groom, maid of honor, best man and parents (everyone in the wedding pictures) People forget that the groom could end up looking like uncle Fester next to the bride.

Goody bags sound like a good idea but they will eat in to your profits and you always run the risk of allergic reactions , or them not wanting what you have offered due their own personal tastes etc etc...... I gave up on that and now just give them a 10% off voucher for a top up treatment when their Honeymoon tan has faded.

Thanks for all your advice guys I think I will go with 1 trial, i thought 3 was probably abit too much, me being greedy i think lol!

Going to start advertising today, this week has been so slow!! :( x

thank you for this thread ... wasnt sure my self on how many trials to do ...
so you charge £35.00 for bride for too tans wot do you charge for rest of wedding party im going to charge £20.00 for normal spray tan and give bride a discount depending how many are in her wedding party do you charge same for groom too

and how when would you suggest advertising with just being new im aiming to start advertising
end of this month also doing loyality cards and recommend a friend same day spray how many per party do you start to give the hostess a deduction off her spray tan min guests and how many would you say max thank you for your help great thread x

I think 1 trial is good as they will see what the results will be.. I charge regular price unless it's a bridal party of 5 or more. regular price for her girls and bride free

I now do one trial, although I've only ever done it twice. I have a lot of brides who haven't even had one before just book in for the wedding day tan. I always advise them to trial it at least to figure out which day they liked it best on before they commit but a lot of them don't want to lol not sure why!

You know a few of you have said you ask the bride to let you know what day they prefer their tan, is that so you can reduce their % accordingly or just tan them earlier? What bridal or group tanning discounts do you do? I was thinking for. Group of 6 or more in max of two sittings I'd do them all for £5 off, so £15 each. What do you guys think or do?

You know a few of you have said you ask the bride to let you know what day they prefer their tan, is that so you can reduce their % accordingly or just tan them earlier? What bridal or group tanning discounts do you do? I was thinking for. Group of 6 or more in max of two sittings I'd do them all for £5 off, so £15 each. What do you guys think or do?

No I use the same % I ask them to note down what day they liked the tan on (for example 2 days later) I'd know to book in the tan 2 days before the wedding day. I don't offer all of them a discount just the bride. That's if I have 5+ people.

Yep always advised on a tan trial and charge my usual price of£15, I am liking the idea of a trial&wedding day tan for £35 paid upfront which someone mentioned though.

I always do 1 trial at my usual price for the bride then offer a 4 tans get one free deal for the hen night. Most of them go for the Henny deal which is good for me but also for the bride as it allows her to trial a slightly darker shade aswell.

I always trial a client and tend to do it 2 days before they have a make up trial. I charge £15 for a full body but offer them trials for £10 on the lead up to the wedding.

What I have found is that more and more brides are having pre wedding photo shoots. When they book I have a chat with them about booking a tan, their make up trial and photo shoot all around the same time so that they can see what the photo's will look like.

I have made up to £50 from one bride in pre-wedding tans. Plus I get the bridesmaids booking in for trials at full price. Win win xx

Latest posts

Back