Brow waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalia Edwards

Reaction score
Hi ladies when doing a brow tint and wax so you also trim and tweeze? I offer full HD brows but some ladies just want a quick wax and tint rather that the whole thing so wondered if anyone else did this too for a lower price?

I don't do HD brows so yes I combine tinting and waxing. Very popular and they come back every 4-6 weeks all year round.
Most of them have other treatments too within the same appointment.
It takes about 15 mins to do so charge accordingly.

Yes I always trim. Most brows look awful without trimming.
Tweezing yes also because the wax won't pick up every single hair, particularly anyone short ones and to refine the shape particularly at the arch and tail.

Don't they grow longer if you start trimming? I hardly ever trim brows

Don't they grow longer if you start trimming? I hardly ever trim brows

No they don't grow longer. All hair has a terminal length.
Lots of brows need trimming especially older ladies. Also if the clients has sprouts at the front of the brow these shouldn't be removed and can look untidy so trimming makes them look neat and even.

No they don't grow longer. All hair has a terminal length.
Lots of brows need trimming especially older ladies. Also if the clients has sprouts at the front of the brow these shouldn't be removed and can look untidy so trimming makes them look neat and even.
My experience as a barber was that as soon as you started trimming brows, they grew and needed trimming at every appointment. I'm not sure what you mean by terminal length. Could you explain?

My experience as a barber was that as soon as you started trimming brows, they grew and needed trimming at every appointment. I'm not sure what you mean by terminal length. Could you explain?

Well they grow back to how long they were before yes like all hair so to retain the same look they need trimming but that's true of all hair.
Terminal length is the maximum length hair grows to before falling out, if you just left it and it didn't break or be cut. Different areas of the body have different terminal lengths. Head hairs terminal length is much longer than say underarm hair for example.
Eyebrows will only grow to their terminal length not longer.

As clients get older, they get the odd stray long hairs in their brows. These tend to be coarser and often grow in different directions to the others These definately need trimmed !

Latest posts

Back