Brush cleaner...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering how you clean your brushes & do you a specific product to clean them with?

I always clean mine in monomer after using it, but sometimes feel it is a bit gluey!

hi lou

Creative recommend that you do not use brush cleaner but clean your brush in monomer

and patting will remove any acrylic but remember to keep the point on your brush as i misshaped brush once and it was hell to use

louise said:
Hi all,

Just wondering how you clean your brushes & do you a specific product to clean them with?

I always clean mine in monomer after using it, but sometimes feel it is a bit gluey!

hi Louise,
only use dissolve if you have cured product in your brush
remember to always wipe you brush and clean it in q monomer and like Lisa said roll your brush back to a point before storing it in its cover
if your brush feels a bit gummy try using some fresh monomer.... it maybe that you are not wiping and cleaning your brush enough while working and getting product back in your dappen dish hence the gumminess... i would get some fresh paper towel and wipe your brush just to make sure that the product isnt cured in the bristles.... if it is then leave it to soak in dissolve and gently wipe out any product that is stuck... remembering nt to touch the bristles of your brush with your fingers as this can not only contaminate your brush with the oils from your skin it could lead to over exposure
hth

Jess
xox

If your brush is in a real state and you are on the verge of throwing it try the hot water method i read about on this site.It really worked for me.

I clean my brush in fresh monomer too. I think anything else dries the hairs out. Im not sure. The girl who i work with kept telling me to use acetone but i was told not to. I told her this but she didnt believe me.

Latest posts

Back