Bubbles in nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
Hi all

I have noticed that quite often when I paint my nails (I'm talking about just polish, not enhancements), I get tiny air bubbles in the polish on my nail. Why does this happen? I wondered if it was maybe because the polish isn't completely dry when I put my top coat on??

x

....the bottle. You should be rolling it between your palms

I also think it's making sure your nails aer clean and free from surface oil? Give them a quick wipe over with some polish remover, let them dry, then paint, that should help too!

Luv D* xXx

Last edited:
Hi all

I have noticed that quite often when I paint my nails (I'm talking about just polish, not enhancements), I get tiny air bubbles in the polish on my nail. Why does this happen? I wondered if it was maybe because the polish isn't completely dry when I put my top coat on??

x

Like Marion wrote, you need to roll the bottle between your hands before use. If you shake it, it will cause a million tiny bubbles! And even though you might not see them, they're there and they will most probably surface while polish is drying.

both reasons are right but cause different bubbles.

is the nail plate is oily, your polish can tend to run from the oily part, or if applied thickly, will bubble.

the air bubbles in the shaken polish are just SO ANNOYING, so always prep nails before applying your polish, always keep your polish bottle up, and never shake them. just be gentle with it ;);)

and if your brush sucks, throw it away, you will never be able to apply a polish with a bad brush

1. As already said, don´t shake but roll polish bottle to gently mix.
2. Ensure you have properly cleaned and degreased nail plate before
applying enamel. Remind client not to touch their hair or face during
mani as this reintroduces grease and oil.
3. Don´t apply the enamel too thickly as drying between layers can
be difficult and bubbles can develop.
4. The quality of the nail enamel is essential. This is something I
found out through the experienced geeks on this site and I have
have to say that I agree.

Thanks everyone. I am guilty of shaking, rather than rolling the bottle so I will make sure I dont do this from now on. I will make sure my prep is thorough too. x

Latest posts

Back