Build up / stripped

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffeebug

Reaction score
I'm sorry to bother you, but I desperately need some help. I have terrible build up in my hair - when I finger combed it today I could actually roll gak off my fingers, it's appauling. I've tried pretty much every shampoo available on the high street, but they either leave my hair with a load of build up which takes several washes to fix, or they leave my hair almost too clean and it goes frizzy, dull, stripped and uncombable.

I never used to have trouble with my hair, but this started two years ago and I haven't had decent hair since. I asked my hairdresser, but she seemed as non-plussed as I am. I saw someone else on another thread asking about build up and a couple of people suggested Clynol Clear, so I ordered some just now, but if that does it's job and cleans my poor trashed hair, I won't know what to use after that so I'm desperately hoping for some professional advice on salon shampoo and conditioner to prevent me wasting more money on products that make the situation worse.

My hair is classic length and has just been trimmed. It's fairly thick with a random variety of fine, medium and course strands, it's slightly wavy with a tendency to frizz and tangles. I wash it every three days and always rinse really carefully, I don't ever use a hair dryer or irons and I braid it while it's still fairly wet which I'm guessing isn't great for it, but I kind of have to.

If anyone can help I'd be really grateful, because two years is too long to have such embarrassingly horrible hair.

Latest posts

Back