Burning fingers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Jay

Reaction score
Hi every one,

I was talking about how I first started out before I discovered Creative. Which brought me to the subject about my very first nail course.
I went on a gel course by The Edge and I remember that every time I cured under the U.V the models nails were getting a burning sensation. I even tried it myself and I experienced the same. The U.V was all in with the kit.
Even to this day I don't know what caused it.
Any one got any ideas?

I've been an L&P person ever since and never looked back. Should this have put me off? Does this happen to other people?

I'd be really interested to find out what your views are on this.
Cheers.
Jules:?:

heat spikes....sometime caused by thin nail plates or....too thick a gel application there may well be other reasons too but they are the only ones that spring to mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HTH

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The burning is a heat flash that you get with gel.
You need to remove your nails from the uv lamp for a second or two and then reapply them. Its because the gel gives off heat during polymerization.

Hi Jules,
When the gel begins to harden under the UV light, the gel contracts on the nail plate and it feels like a burning sensation, it isn't actually burning, it's just firming up. It can be slightly unpleasant but is only momentary. When the 'burning' starts, quickly & gently remove the hand from the lamp, and put the hand on top of the lamp box pushing down with the pads of the fingers. The 'burning' will stop within a second or 2. When the hand goes into the lamp again there will be no discomfort. This is called an exothermic reaction.
I hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back