Business is non existent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameo Val

Reaction score
yeah yeah I know its only been 2 weeks since I jacked in my job and 'tried' to build up trade for a home salon. But the posters are out there and so far I have only had 1 client. A girl can only watch so much daytime telly before she becomes totally insane. I am so used to being busy, that now I dont know what to do with all my spare time. I AM BORED TO BITS.

But what I really want is some appointments. I need to earn , and quick

Val it does seem to be very slow at the moment - the slowest I've been in years! Now I'm working from home I can't stop attacking the biscuit jar!! My house hasn't looked so clean in ages either ...and I've built a pond in the garden!

Spent today putting together an offers poster, although I hate doing offers as it attracts the wrong type of client, I'd rather have them than an overdraft!

Let's hope it picks up soon!

Oh Val! I know how difficult it is building a clientelle. Be patient and enjoy This Morning. Are there any school fetes near you or ladies pamper parties. How about approaching the local old folks homes. I found Yellow Pages more worthwhile than leaflets. Sorry not to be much help and I hope business is booming for you sooooooooooon!

Hi Val, as Christine said Yellow Pages are very good, have you thought about Yell.com? A friend of mine writes web pages etc and says that yell.com is brill as people can look up whatever they are looking for on the net at work in work time!! No need to flick through pages and be seen to not be working!!

Is there any council sports centres near you that might have a notice board that you could display soemthing about what you are doing or schools?
Just a quick brainstrom chick hope something helps......:)

Hiya...

They will come....i started in Feb and it took a while to start with...i did an add in out local mag and the phone went mad...then after 3 months i decided not to renew the add...the phone then didn't ring at all....the man who sorts the adds for me rang and asked how business was and i told him how quiet it was.."well you stopped your advertising didn't you" i thought once people had seen the add once a month for 3 months they would know about me by then so stopped. Boy was i wrong...i was advised to renew my ad and so i did...phone is on fire again. 3 calls today and it only went back in on sat....so keep up with the advertising...ram in down people throats where you are and just how good you are...your business name will be imprinted in their brains before long and as soon as they think nails they will think of you. Best of luck hun xxxxx

Its not non-existent, its only just begun! I am sure that things will pick up soon. People are going away and would want mans, peds, overlays all sorts for their holidays. Just advertise a little more and take it from there! Goodluck.

sorry i cant offer any advice as i have only just started thinking about advertising myself, but i wanted to send you a hug :hug: and say im sure soon enough yo will be so busy you will be batteling to fit them all in

As everyone else has said, business will come, it has to start somewhere. You will soon start getting your regulars. How about a recommend a friend discount? That normally works a treat when you are looking for new clients. Don't be too disheartened, it's still early days for you. You now need to work on getting your name out there as much as possible so posters, leaflet drops, business cards & price lists is strategic places. Do your local hairdressers/beauty salon, etc do nails? If not, will they put up a poster for you or let you leave some price lists on their counter? The local post office/newsagent probably has a notice board where you can advertise. And as was already mentioned, it is summer fair time for schools, etc. I'm sure they'd love to have you doing nail art or something if you are helping to raise money for them. Don't worry about making much money straight away, just get known, hand out business cards at every opportunity. Wear something on your own nails to get them noticed & you'll be surprised how many people will ask where you get them done. If you are making posters/leaflets, it's an ideal time to push things as 'holiday treats' or 'holiday specials'. Toes are in at the moment, perhaps a special offer on pedicures if they have enhancements or something, to try to get them to book multiple treatments! Maybe give them a discount on their first backfill to get them to come back?

Latest posts

Back