Butchered my eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhe

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm hoping for some advice, I've got fairly medium/thick eyebrows and like them to be shaped but left as thick as possible. After one lady left ne wiabout 3 eyebrow hairs on each one I let them grow for about 2 months so I could get them done really nice and thick.
I went to a diff salon and the same thing happened again!! I explained I wanted them kept as thick as possible just shaped and they were so thin :(
So I've left them another 2 months and they've grown back thank god, can anyone recommend a good salon/therapist? I live in west midlands Walsall/Wolverhampton area. I'm so scared of them being left super thin again!
I know theres more to life than eyebrows lol but its so annoying! Xxx

Sorry about spelling it's my phone it won't let me correct!

You need to find a HD brow technician in your area or drive 40 miles to me lol.

An eyebrow shape is a low cost hair removing treatment not a thorough brow shaping process. Average price is about £25-30 but its worth every penny! Look at some of the pictures posted in the HD brow thread to give you a better idea.

Xxx

Thanks! If I drove I would totally come to you lol I'm desperate for nice brows!!
So you think its worth finding a salon who do hd brows? Is that tinting as well xx

To be honest I personally don't like the drawn on block brow look that HD gives and it's not the only answer to the OP's problem.

She wants thicker but shaped brows and any salon that does eyebrow waxing or shaping SHOULD be able to do this for her.

OP by all means look into HD brows and see if they are something you like, if they are then find yourself a qualified therapist near you.

I love doing eyebrows and see no reason to have to take soo much brow off if the client wants thicker brows. I wish I was closer so I could give you what you want.

I'm sure you will find someone, your just going to have to explain exactly what you want and maybe ask them to show you what they plan to take off so you can see that they understand what you want & are going to give you the eyebrows you want.

This can be done in several ways (Eg.. with a white pencil to colour the area to be removed and show what they plan to leave or with vaseline to seperate the hair & show you the area they plan to keep).

I too love eyebrow shaping and would never personally go to a salon to get them done as I am scared they will butcher mine.

It is you the client who has the right to get what you ask for and if you do not get that complaining to the therapist/salon owner is the only way they can improve. That won't help you in the short term though.

Ask to see what they are taking off before they wax the area may also stop them taking too much hair off. A good therapist should give you what you want not what they think you should have.

:)

I had hd brows and i love them x

To be honest I personally don't like the drawn on block brow look that HD gives and it's not the only answer to the OP's problem.

HD brows is not a set look, nor is it a blocky look, each client is individually assessed to see what look shape colour and size of brow they want then done accordingly. It's slightly narrow minded to think everyone who has HD brows looks like this. I was just giving the OP an idea of what a quality treatment HD brows is, it seems suitable considering she isn't confident with a standard eyebrow shape xx

What you need is a therapist who does what you ask!!! Whether HD or not, plenty of therapists can give you great looking brows. Sadly you just haven't found one yet! Good luck x

HD brows is not a set look, nor is it a blocky look, each client is individually assessed to see what look shape colour and size of brow they want then done accordingly. It's slightly narrow minded to think everyone who has HD brows looks like this. I was just giving the OP an idea of what a quality treatment HD brows is, it seems suitable considering she isn't confident with a standard eyebrow shape xx

You tint the skin, use pencil & a pallette to colour in the brow shape which gives a blocky look. They do NOT look like there is just hair which is the look I prefer (even if the hair needs tinting first to look it's best).

Many clients are instructed to leave hair grow in areas and are to use pencil & pallette to fill in these gaps while their eyebrows grow into the desired shape.

This IS part of HD brows and is a look I don't like.

I am entitled to my opinion and I did say for the OP to look in to HD brows and see if she likes the look, if she does to find a local therapist - therefore I am not being narrow minded at all.

There are plenty of people who like the look of HD brows and that is fine, I don't but I shouldn't be called names because I don't like it.

Called names? Have you trained in HD brows? It's not about doing that at all.

It just annoys me when people say oh HD brows is this HD brows us that, how do you know? Are you trained?

I wouldn't tell a doctor I know how to do an amputation because iv seen it done.

No need to be so defensive. I always support different treatments & products I don't see why people can't be the same rather than being like this is rubbish, that looks bad I just think its narrow minded. The other person has been given options no need to try and start a bitch fest.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376060762.956957.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376060790.139863.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376060808.996223.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376060829.769824.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376060850.682140.jpg

(No make up, no pencil, no powder) xx

I thought PART of the HD brow treatment was to use make up pencil etc?? Is this not always used? That is how HD portray it sometimes can be difficult to change people's minds if that's what they think a treatment is like. It is similar to threading - people say they make eyebrows really thin but they don't at all if done correctly. I can create those types of looks with my thread and tweezers and some tint. Would cost my clients £13 as opposed to the £25 you charge for the same result? No? Just my opinion though x

It just annoys me when people say oh HD brows is this HD brows us that, how do you know? Are you trained?

I wouldn't tell a doctor I know how to do an amputation because iv seen it done.

No need to be so defensive. I always support different treatments & products I don't see why people can't be the same rather than being like this is rubbish, that looks bad I just think its narrow minded. The other person has been given options no need to try and start a bitch fest.

You called me 'narrow minded'. I have given my honest opinion and I have said that HD brows may suit the OP, if that is a look she likes - how is this starting a 'bitch fest'. You need to go and read my comments with a smile on your face and you need to stop being so defensive.

I have no interest in training in HD brows, why would I want to spend thousands on a learning to produce look I don't like?

There is more than 1 way to do the job & my clients & I are happy doing it my way, you are happy doing it your way, so what's the problem?

I offered a different opinion to you and it seems that you think I am wrong to do so.

I thought PART of the HD brow treatment was to use make up pencil etc?? Is this not always used? That is how HD portray it sometimes can be difficult to change people's minds if that's what they think a treatment is like. It is similar to threading - people say they make eyebrows really thin but they don't at all if done correctly. I can create those types of looks with my thread and tweezers and some tint. Would cost my clients £13 as opposed to the £25 you charge for the same result? No? Just my opinion though x
I too understood that part of the HD service was to use a pencil & brow pallette to colour in the brows. It is always how I see it advertised and the make up items are available as retail items too.
I'm sure anyone who wanted to could create those type of look with tint and wax or threading or even plucking as it is afterall, just removing the hair to create the shape. As I said above, there is more than 1 way to do the same job.

Last edited:
An eyebrow wax is not just a low cost hair removal and does give a thorough shaping process, well it does where I was trained anyway

You tint the skin, use pencil & a pallette to colour in the brow shape which gives a blocky look. They do NOT look like there is just hair which is the look I prefer (even if the hair needs tinting first to look it's best).

Many clients are instructed to leave hair grow in areas and are to use pencil & pallette to fill in these gaps while their eyebrows grow into the desired shape.

This IS part of HD brows and is a look I don't like.

I am entitled to my opinion and I did say for the OP to look in to HD brows and see if she likes the look, if she does to find a local therapist - therefore I am not being narrow minded at all.

There are plenty of people who like the look of HD brows and that is fine, I don't but I shouldn't be called names because I don't like it.

you are obviously entitled to your own opinion on whether you like hd brows or not but I just wanted to point out we do not tint the skin in fact we use a tint remover at the end to remove all traces. Also the final step is called finish this may include make up fine pencil hair strokes or mineral powder if thats right for that client, or it may be a brow gel or one of the many other hd products designed to enhance the brow xxx

View attachment 40096View attachment 40097View attachment 40098View attachment 40099View attachment 40100

I'm not a beauty geek but if you have Not tinted these and no make up for finish isn't this just a brow wax
I too thought "hd" was the full package

I'm not a beauty geek but if you have Not tinted these and no make up for finish isn't this just a brow wax
I too thought "hd" was the full package

These are tinted, waxed, threaded, tailored & finished to give the HD treatment. These brows did not require/want make up or pencil. That does not mean its a HD treatment. It's
Important people do their research before they assume what the ins and outs of a treatment consists of xx

Again people have jumped on the bandwagon and judged and perceived posts to be more than what they are, before this thread gets close by the mods give it a rest and just answer the OP!

Ask around and see who people recommend in you area before you try!

Not all good therapists are trained in HD brows and can provide a good result!

These are tinted, waxed, threaded, tailored & finished to give the HD treatment. These brows did not require/want make up or pencil. That does not mean its a HD treatment. It's
Important people do their research before they assume what the ins and outs of a treatment consists of xx

As I said I'm not a beauty geek and this is in consumers so was just trying to understand from a clients point of view
Surely you wouldn't tell a client to go and do the research
But thanks for clearing it up for me!

Latest posts

Back